BT in or out

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by woodmaster, Oct 23, 2005.

1. woodmaster

woodmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Why do sky insist on connecting a phone line to its box my new box keeps switching itself off about twice a day i currently have the bt line disconected as there is no phone point anyware near my system rack (an oversite on my part) and i dont want a cable running round my newly finnished living room.

2. Shimmyhill

Shimmyhill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Its part of the contract and basically it talks to sky about your viewing habits etc.

You need to get it connected or you may find a bill comes thru your door (around £200 if memory serves)

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    If you have a standard digibox or a single SKY+ (not multiroom) then remove the phone line, if on the very slim chance they check then they just tell you to put it back.

The presence of a phone line or for that matter no phone line won't be causing your "new" box to keep switching itself off, you may have a hardware or software issue, make use of the warranty.

4. Timmy!!!

Timmy!!!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have sky multiroom and we kept getting letters through the post about our boxes not connected, even though they were!

However since we have moved both sky+ and sky boxes are disconnected and not one letter has come through the post (thank goodness).

5. kriss

kriss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too have sky multi-room and I kept getting letters as you did and my BT lines were connected after several arguments on the phone I repaired the fault myself, it was a cable installed by their engineers in March of this year. Anyway have e-mailed them several times after they charged my DD account an extra 32.50 no luck so Im sueing them for my repair,phone calls and time, im charging them £501.00 so I can take them to County Court If they dont pay, will keep all informed.

6. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Watch your bank statements. Other posters have found that when Sky stop sending the letters, they start taking the full subs for two separate Sky boxes from your bank account by direct debit.

7. Timmy!!!

Timmy!!!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Blimey! Ill keep a close eye on them then!

8. samjet

samjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    and if you report a telephone fault to BT the first thing they tell you is to remove the connection to the sky box - and leave it disconnected :D