BT Hub 4 not connecting

albatross

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new,retired and not very technical. I have a Yamaha WXA 50 which worked fine through the Talk Talk router. When I switched to BT I got a Hub 4 and no subsequent connection with the amplifier. BT cant understand and Yamaha say that searching online is the best way to find a solution. This is my first attempt. Is there anyone who has faced and solved this issue? I have reset both router and amp to no effect.

When you got a new router your wireless settinsg changed, so unless you have input the new wi-fi settings it won't work

Thanks LJX. I haven't input any wi-fi settings. I don't immediately see how I would do that. Neither 'box' seems to allow for inputs.

Take a look at the user manual for your Yamaha and perform a factory reset to be able to setup the Wi-Fi connection to your new router. (You may be able to use the WPA setup method if your router supports this function.

Thanks xmb. I have been reading the basic user manual and a combination of the way it reads and my unfamiliarity leaves me wondering why there is no mention of connecting to a router. Without it being plainly said it reads as if this wireless streaming amplifier could be controlled from a smartphone without any relation to my home internet provider. Once Music Cast is on your phone it appears that you can use that to select the input source, even from the TV! Do you think this is the case? I'm going to try that next.

The full user manual is quite clear on page 13. Connect the mains power, turn on, connect to network, select whether to use a wired or wireless network connection, depending on your network environment.
WXA50_Network.jpg
Also the picture clearly shows how the unit and your smartphone connect to the router.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom