BT Home Hub wireless connection flashing all the time

Discussion in 'BT Broadband' started by STUKAVICH, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STUKAVICH

STUKAVICH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Have recently installed a home hub.wireless connection was always hit and miss but now wont work at all.the wireless light on the front of the hub is always now flashing and i cant get a permanent connection.On the pc says that is a connected but signal has limited or no connectivity.have tried changing channels but no difference.have also tried connecting my psp wirelessly which finds the connection straight away but times out trying to connect.any advice appreciated.:)

2. SeanT

SeanT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +368
    Go into the hub manager, and make sure you haven't set it to "enable new stations by registration" - after you've tried the obvious, ie. reset the hub.

3. STUKAVICH

STUKAVICH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Sean
    thanks for your advice.Having gone into the advanced settings I realised I'd made a schoolboy error :oops: and set my password with a 6 instad of a lower case b (my own scruffy handwriting).Funny thing is I dont remember changing it and i'm sure it worked ok before.Bit annoyed the hub says limited connection not something helpful like wrong password.The continuous flashing according to the book could be due to my neighbours new hub ; another reason not to like him as its driving me to distraction -some black sticky tape I think.Many thanks
    Mods please close.

4. Curly99

Curly99
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    Closed as requested.

Curly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.