BT Home Hub question

reudyfam

After some quick advice if possible guys. My cousin has recently bought a PS3, but has no wifi (just normal broadband through BT) in the house to use it online. I happen to have a spare BT Home Hub 1.5, so my question is, is it just a case of plugging the home hub in and do the initial set up, or would he have to go through BT for them to activate anything on the line?

Help much appreciated.

beerhunter

Just plug it in. It will work.

However HH 1.5s, by default have WEP security, so i would change that to the strongest that the downstream devices support with a nice long random key.

plarkster

Wouldn't he have to enter his BT username and password into the Home Hub so it can connect to his internet?

If so, he'll be able to find these in the letters that BT sent when activating the broadband.

beerhunter

Wouldn't he have to enter his BT username and password into the Home Hub so it can connect to his internet?
No. Not necessary. The BT HHs all have a have a generic User Name ([email protected]) and require no password because BT authenticate on the telephone number/line.

This means that any BT HH is usable by any BT Broadband customer on any enabled line.

Trending threads

Top Bottom