• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

BT Fon/Openzone question

Sulley75

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can put my mind at rest. Been with BT broadband for a month now, happy with the service. However, i noticed that BT Fon / Openzone was automatically signed up for. I opted out a few weeks ago, and still it shows on the wi fi list on my laptop. On the Hub manager tho, it says opted out. Now, i switched off my router from the mains and it disconnected then auto connected to BT Fon and requested logon details. I asume that as it still showed BT Fon, then it must be a neigbours, as there was no power to mine.

I hope that makes sense! Any help appreciated.

:)

smjxm09

Novice Member
If your hub is off and you can see a FON connection then it is someone else's. If you have opted out then at some point you would not be able to log in to it even though you can see it.

I found FON quite handy a couple of weeks ago while on holiday so don't mind sharing some of my broadband with the neighbours who are unlikely to use it anyway.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom