BT Broadband on Sky Netgear DG834GT

aardel

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently signed up to BT broadband and opted for the option 1 package as i thought i could just use my Wireless Netgear Router supplied by Sky but i'm not having any joy. Has anyone managed to use a Sky router on BT or any other ISP for that matter. I've tried to reload the firmware but it doesn't allow you to load any other firmware apart from the sky one. Any help would be appreciated

The Sky box is based on the Netgear DG834 so you need to go to Netgear's site and download a firmware update for that box.

The Sky box is based on the Netgear DG834 so you need to go to Netgear's site and download a firmware update for that box.

I've tried installing all the different DG834** firmware's on Netgear's website but they all come back with incorrect model for this hardware and the only 1 that will download and work from that website is the DG834GT sky firmware, so i presume they've locked it down to only accept the firmware thats been modified for sky

You have to use the recovery utility on the netgear site, otherwise the router will not accept the firmware - i have recently configured an ex-sky DG834gt to work with my isp (Be-there)

Jack

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom