• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

BT broadband home hub losing connection

Sholmes484

Standard Member
my internet connection keeps dropping every hour or so and i have no idea why? have only experienced this problem since ive transfered to bt, had years of trouble free interneting with sky!

i belive the homehub cycles itself every now and again but not every hour surely?

beerhunter

Distinguished Member
Not a lot to go on.

First of all, what is dropping: the DSL (broadband) link or the link from the PC to the BT HH?

Are you in the same dwelling as when you were with Sky?

What BT service do you have. What Home Hub?

Sholmes484

Standard Member
Sorry it is very vague, I wrote it in temper at my broadband lol, yeh the broadband itself drops, I've got a homehub 3.0 , same house, same line, using bt broadband.

Thanks for the help

beerhunter

Distinguished Member
Try the BT HH in the Test Socket. If the problem remains, call BT. If the problem goes away you need to sort out your internal telephone wiring or/and devices attached to it.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom