1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bt 02 strength signal

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by chaz, Sep 11, 2003.

1. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    can anybody please tell me what the signal strength of the o2 network in the south east is like as at the moment i am on t mobile it is total c..p also i have a choice of a samsung T100 or A800 which one is the best ? cheers :confused:

2. hunkiemunkey

hunkiemunkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    T100 I would think.......It has a Colour Screen (still one of the best ones available) which the A800 doesn't. I think that is the only advantage really. Oh, the A800 is lighter and smaller, and has a better battery life.

3. Gazkicka54

Gazkicka54
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Imho, the T100 has (had, now old...)the worst colour screen on the market... virtually all the newer phones are better - GX10/20, Pan GD87, Nokia being subjectively the worst with poor res. screens.

Go to the networks sites and do a postcode search for coverage, although they can be liberal with the truth - my money's on Voda and Orange, in that order...

All the best!
    Gaz

4. nfordenfield

nfordenfield
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have 3g which uses 02 for non 3g - i.e. most use of the phone in the S.E. unless you live and work in a town centre.

Signal strength is good, but vodaphone is better in the Kent area IMHO.

5. hunkiemunkey

hunkiemunkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well The T100 may only have 4096 colours, but it still looks nearly as good as the 65K colour screens from Sharp/Panasonic, and is way way better than any Nokia (they still use STN Screens). And remember, it is a TFT screen, so it is a very bright, though this is at the expense of battery life.