BSG - The Plan (2009)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Im so looking forward to this, the dvd will be 30mins longer than the tv transmission.

Edward James Olmos to leave us gasping

'The Plan' director Edward James Olmos, says the film will deliver exactly what they expect it to: The Plan shows the Cylons' perspective on their attempted genocide of humanity.

"I gotta tell you, not to give anything away, it is exactly what you think it is," Olmos said in a panel discussion Thursday night in Hollywood as part of the Los Angeles Times series The Envelope. "You see the complete opposite of the first 281 days of what we went through, ... seen through the eyes of the Cylons, and it is breathtaking. It's fantastic. It's not fun, but I will say that you will sit there [gasping]."

"Basically, you will go back to see the series again," Olmos said. "I couldn't have imagined this kind of a situation happening at the end of a show, where you would actually start at the beginning. That's a masterful piece of understanding, Ron [Moore]. Genius. Because after you see The Plan, you'll want to go back and view the whole series again."

"I have to tell you right now, Dean Stockwell is a brilliant artist," Olmos said. "He does a magnificent job of leading The Plan. The Plan is exactly that. It was how they planned to do what they did and what happened. It was monumental. All I can tell you is it's an extraordinary look at the Cylons, how they masterminded what they did."

The DVD release of The Plan will feature more than 30 minutes of additional Cylon perspective than will air in the version that will air on SCI FI. The Plan is 2 hours and 6 minutes on DVD. The aired version is 88 minutes.

The trailer has been out for a few months, if you missed it, here it is.

YouTube - Battlestar Galactica The Plan (commercial)

November 2009 (USA)

I'll buy it! :)

I don't suppose this is included in the 'complete' Battlestar Galactica Blu-ray boxset due next month?

No not included but still a definite buy.

I don't suppose this is included in the 'complete' Battlestar Galactica Blu-ray boxset due next month?

Why would they include it?

It means that they will force us all to buy another "complete" version of BSG on blu-ray. :rolleyes:

Still I was not expecting this and can't wait!

Ah Just what I expected a tacked on they a had a plan really but they just had to make it up AFTER cause the writers never really a had clue about the plan.:rolleyes:

I'll buy it but really BSG has had it's time and is a shadow of it's beginings in the mini, S1 & S2.

I'll buy it but really BSG has had it's time and is a shadow of it's beginings in the mini, S1 & S2.
:confused: I thought the series was superb from start to end. I watched the last episode yesterday and am gutted now - the best thing on TV has ended :(

:confused: I thought the series was superb from start to end. I watched the last episode yesterday and am gutted now - the best thing on TV has ended :(

It would be great to watch the entire series edited into a 4 hour episode (maybe 5) that you could watch all the way through. I know that you would miss a lot, but it would get rid of some of the slow parts, and it would allow you to get deeply involved in the whole concept. Good for people who want to give it a try. Also it would be cheaper than buying all of those Blu Ray discs. I say £30.99 for the fast Edit.

Looking forward to this alot, especially tyhe extra footage

I hope they also release an extended version of the series finale as has been rumoured??

I bailed out at the end of series 2, but I would have an interest in seeing this, whens it out?

Another BSG film planned...

At the Battlestar Galactica SDCC panel Edward James Olmos revealed that even after 'The Plan' has ended, and if the dvd sells are high, he was adamant that there will be another film:

As a matter of fact, I've got to tell you right now. Because of you all, what you're doing, because of the love for that world...I can guarantee that this will not be the last movie.

A 2 hour movie has just been released called The Plan. It jumps around time a fair bit and shows you a bit of Caprica before the Cylon attack. It also shows you the events after the attack and life aboard Galactica.

The film mainly focus's on the Cylons view of the war and the role they played on Galactica to bring the human race to an end.

We also see how some Cylons are starting to love the humans and actually wanted the war to end with a truce.

Overall I enjoyed watching this movie and it helped fill in a few blanks and it was good seeing what the Cylons thought of it all. :)

8/10

A 2 hour movie has just been released called The Plan. It jumps around time a fair bit and shows you a bit of Caprica before the Cylon attack. It also shows you the events after the attack and life aboard Galactica.

The film mainly focus's on the Cylons view of the war and the role they played on Galactica to bring the human race to an end.

We also see how some Cylons are starting to love the humans and actually wanted the war to end with a truce.

Overall I enjoyed watching this movie and it helped fill in a few blanks and it was good seeing what the Cylons thought of it all. :)

8/10

I'll be watching it. Thread here also matey:)

http://www.avforums.com/forums/television/1012102-bsg-plan-2009-a.html

Its well worth a watch if you are a BSG fan. :smashin:

(I swear that thread never came up in the search)

Last edited:
I still haven't had the desire to watch Caprica but I'm sure I'll be watching this movie assuming I can fit it in somewhere:)

I still haven't had the desire to watch Caprica but I'm sure I'll be watching this movie assuming I can fit it in somewhere:)

I though it was better than Caprica. :)

Having just finished season 4 of BSG I am still going through withdrawl simptoms, this might be just what I need!

I thought it was very interesting and gripping, loved the black humor, and Cavil was star off the show. There was a lot off deja vu moments in The Plan, but that was to be expected, revisiting the series but from another viewpoint. It reminded me how brilliant the series was overall. 8.8/10

I loved bsg but I was bored rigid through this. It seemed to me to be a series of highlights interspersed with cylon deleted scenes and not at all the war from the cylon point of view.

What it did do however is make me want to watch the whole thing(well I can just about live without barber and his fat suit episodes) again and look even more foprward to caprica (which I preferred to this recap).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom