1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BSG Finale

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Sick Note, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Sick Note

Sick Note

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    2 words

HOLY :censored: !!!

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    your not wrong my friend!!!!!!!!

To quote a simpsons regular

"best episode ever!"

Ron more, you better be making some more episodes, or you are gonna have some very Pi :censored: d Fan letters coming your way :laugh:

3. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    sombody some where out there, please tell me there is gonna be another season :eek:

4. Sick Note

Sick Note

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    The decision will be made next month depending on how it goes down in the states but judging by reviews its getting you wont have to worry
    (He says praying) :rolleyes:

5. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    I thought the Pilot was the best episode (or maybe eps 1 or 2)
    it all went a bit downhill from there. I suspect they blew all their budget on effects at the start of the series, then had almost nothing for the next 8 episodes (all effect free with touchy feely themes) then gathered up what funds they could find to add effects into the final 2 episodes in the hopes of drumming up enthuasiasm for a second series.

6. crooked fingers

crooked fingers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I though it was a load of rubbish actually. Generally every episode in a series ends on a cliffhanger to bring you back for more, then finished up nicely in the finale, taking all the plot threads and revealing a few "oooooh, so that's what that was all about"'s. BSG seem to have done this completely backwards. I didn't feel any reward for following the series, just more questions that may or may not be answered depening on if the investors come up with more money or not!!! I knew something was up when they said that there was only one episode left last week and there were a thousand questions unanswered. I mean there were characters developed (sometime taking up a full episode) that just never appeared again.

Very disappointing end to what was, up to this point a quite enjoyable show.

7. Sick Note

Sick Note

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Crooked fingers check my other post about new eps, your wishes may be granted.

8. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    You know I think some parts of the scifi viewership have totally lost the ability to appreciate drama set in space:)
    Not every scifi show needs countless unrealistic space battles were men/women and machines are blown to bits every week yet as if by magic there are always more ready to die again the following week.
    The Galactica had a handfull of Vipers and pilots with no means to build more, there could not be (like in the original series) endless combat sequences.

The show was all about characterisation and plot develpment something that even the great Trek never really bothered with in any great detail (at least not in a 13 ep season). Bab 5 was described as a "Period Drama", the same could be said of BSG but perhaps even more so, it's something you will like or you won't but at least it's not the run of the mill scifi that is churned out by most studios.