BRZRKR (TBC) Netflix - Keanu Reeves stars

Drax1

Distinguished Member
Keanu Reeves is to headline a movie based on the BOOM! comic book series. Reeves plays (and helps write the source material) an immortal who finds himself working for the U.S. Government, taking down baddies deemed too violent or dangerous for anyone else. He is also voicing the same character for an anime spin-off.

Tom Davies

Editorial Contributor
I had a flick through BRZRKR #1 a couple of weeks ago and it's pretty fun. It is shamelessly storyboarding for the movie and/or anime, though. It was a harder, grosser, bloodier John Wick without the emotional depth.

I don't get these sorts of ventures. Announcing comic, movie and cartoon at the same time just makes me wonder whether it's going to do any of those things particularly well. It's all very "co-ordinated media synergy stunt."

richp007

Distinguished Member
I had a flick through BRZRKR #1 a couple of weeks ago and it's pretty fun. It is shamelessly storyboarding for the movie and/or anime, though. It was a harder, grosser, bloodier John Wick without the emotional depth.

I don't get these sorts of ventures. Announcing comic, movie and cartoon at the same time just makes me wonder whether it's going to do any of those things particularly well. It's all very "co-ordinated media synergy stunt."

Sounds like a winner to me!

I agree with your second part though. It's like an over-excited child with too many new toys. Inevitably there will be tears when something gets broken.

Standard Netflix bull in a China shop stuff as well.

Drax1

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom