Bryston SP1.7 EPROM

AV Geeza

Established Member
Reaction score
Have any SP1.7 owners updated their software to 44A or 44D EPROM?
If so, where does the firmware chip go?
I have replaced my old 41A with the new 44D but for the life of me I can't see where the extra chip goes?? :confused:

Help!! :lease:

BTW, I will also e-mail Bryston, but would appreciate any thoughts from other owners.

TIA

It has been a long time now but the other one goes on the board just behind the front panel. Wait for the instructions from Bryston as if it goes wrong you will have to send it back to PMC.

Did you have to pay for the 44D firmware as this has recently been discussed on audiocircle?

Gaz

Thanks gaz. :smashin:

I didnt pay for 44D, its a long story but James Tanner sorted it out for me.
James has said on Audiocircle that if you had already purchased say 44A that you would get further updates in the 44 series for free, I think!

Its strange that I have had 44A & 44D but no instructions sent! :confused:

Got an e-mail from Bryston with the instructions but they do not cover the firmware chip, only the EPROM.
Bryston engineer gave me pin point directions though, so I have now replaced the chip but it sure is fiddly!!

Processor has had a lease of new life with the updates :smashin:

Now to watch some movies! :D

but it sure is fiddly

Totally agree with you. They are meant to supply a chip extraction tool and instructions, but I didn't get these either. :confused:

Thank goodness they are going to change this to a download software update in the next hardware upgrade.:clap:

Originally posted by gazza982
Totally agree with you. They are meant to supply a chip extraction tool and instructions, but I didn't get these either. :confused:

Thank goodness they are going to change this to a download software update in the next hardware upgrade.:clap:

is there anything solid on what and when the hardware upgrade will be?

ad

Hi Buns,

Nothing solid at all yet, looks like it is over a year away according to James. They are only starting to design it, so nothing new except the details on audiocircle.

Would you consider a Bryston processor again in the furture Ad?

I sure would consider one..... in fact I looked into it just recently but decided against because of all things, the price has actually gone up! The only reason I left bryston in the first place was financial, I spent more than I had basically! I will probably look seriously into another processor towards the end of Q3 this year...... unfortunately I am a bit put off by the upgrades situation.... I wouldnt be happy spending big bucks knowing an upgrade was planned

anyhow, im sure you will see more of my processor antic later in the year (assuming I cant get some form of trade at the mo of course! ;))

all the best

Ad

Originally posted by AV Geeza
Thanks gaz. :smashin:

I didnt pay for 44D, its a long story but James Tanner sorted it out for me.
James has said on Audiocircle that if you had already purchased say 44A that you would get further updates in the 44 series for free, I think!

Its strange that I have had 44A & 44D but no instructions sent! :confused:

It's kind of a minor pet peeve of mine that Bryston doesn't include or post a set of release notes for each upgrade (except for 44A), including the minor updates. I have 44A, and now I'm wondering what the difference is between 44A and 44D.

AV Geeza (or anybody),

Have you noticed any major differences between 44A and 44D ?

Thanks.

jethro,
I really don't know what the differences are, but the web site may have details soon as 44D has only just been completed and shipped.
I believe that I am on of the first to get it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom