1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bryston 3B power amp

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by FookLai, Apr 24, 2002.

1. FookLai

FookLai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know Bryston 3B got many version like NRB THX and the lastest ST series. May I know is there a different between them in term of sound quality? Did anyone compare before for both amp? I am a owner of Bryston 3B NRB-THX. I am thinking is it necessary for me to upgrade it to the ST series. Thanks for all your input.

Fook Lai

2. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did read that the ST is much better than the NRB, THX just means it has triggers...

3. FookLai

FookLai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for your comment..... looks like my pocket will burn a hole again.... :(

4. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Brystons are not cheap. You'll need to budget approx £800 per 250W channel. I recently sold my 5B-ST (3x120B) that was 2yr old for £1300.

5. FookLai

FookLai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can let us know why are you selling the 5B ST? No good?

6. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have moved all my equipment 1 floor up into a separate cabinet that become too small and too hot to house 2nd bryston that I needed for my 5.1 setup.

I decided to sell Bryston amp and Yamaha DSP-A1 decoder and replace them with Denon A1SR (subject to overcoming ventilation problems).

Quality wise Bryston (and Krell 250) were the best amps I had. If space and heat are not a problem in your setup, money being no constraint, there is very little else to stop you buying.

Best prices for Brystons are from shop selling equipment for professional musicians. 3B-ST new goes for approx £1,600.