Bryston 3 channel and 5 channel amps

strongdeo

Good morning everybody

I currently run a 7.1 system and have just upgraded my screen and projector.

To (partly) pay for this I want to generate some funds by "down-grading" the power amps. Okay I don't want to, but I need to. I have just purchased a used Cyrus 2 channel amp to power the rears and I am planning to sell the three channel 6BSST.

Do you guys agree with this approach - or would you suggest that I keep the 6BSST for the front stage and sell the 9BST instead. I think the 9BST will generate less funds than the 6BSST and I will have to buy another stereo amp, probably a Cyrus.

Should I sell on the classifieds or eBay?

All opinions are welcomed.

KelvinS1965

Distinguished Member
Tough call...eBay is full of scammers and the classifieds are full of people who want the moon on a stick (for pennies). It's a bad time to sell as well now, so you'll have to be patient if you don't want to give them away.

strongdeo

Tough call...eBay is full of scammers and the classifieds are full of people who want the moon on a stick (for pennies). It's a bad time to sell as well now, so you'll have to be patient if you don't want to give them away.

Is it a bad time because everybody is broke because of christmas?

KelvinS1965

Distinguished Member
It's a generalisation (I'm not skint myself for example), but typically it's hard to sell after Christmas unless very cheap (not just AV gear too).

indus

Distinguished Member
Is it a bad time because everybody is broke because of christmas?

Yes, as Kelvin said many people (though not all) are a bit short on disposable income in Jan/Feb.

However just to show that it is a generalisation I've had a £1500 av item on sale on another site for close to three months without a solid bite. In the last week I've had three solid offers!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom