Brutal Doom

Yorkshirelion

Prominent Member
Reaction score
For any old school shooter fans out there I implore you to try the Brutal Doom mod for Doom and Doom II, it really is the dogs. Pretty much everyone has Doom at this point by buying it from steam for 30p on a sale or something. Well this makes the game epic beyond words and a great excuse to play through both games again. :thumbsup:

Here is the link to the official mod;

Brutal Doom mod - Mod DB

All you need is either the Doom or Doom II Wad file and also a front end, I use:

Zandronum found here: Zandronum - Multiplayer ZDoom

I made a video for my channel so if you want to see how it looks take a look;

Viewer discretion advised has swearing and not safe for work

Here is a summary from the game page;

In development since 2010, the 18th Cacoward winner and Moddb 2012 MOTY Editors Choice of Creativity Award Brütal Doom takes Doom into a whole new level. It makes the game much more violent than before. There's much more blood, plus it adds unique gibs, death animations, dismemberments, headshots, executions, fire and explosion particles, flares, shadows over all objects, and much more.
The whole world becomes more real and interactive. You can hurt yourself with the shrapnel if you shoot a gun too close of a wall, you can kick severed limbs and heads (and sometimes, use it to activate some traps in the map earlier), you can shoot enemies' heads to deal more damage (and cause more gruesome deaths) you can destroy most things in the the scenario (trees, lamps, hanging bodies, etc), you can paint the floor, the walls, and even the ceiling with blood, you can push the explosive barrels to make traps, or grab them and use like an explosive weapon, you can silently take down enemies from behind and perform stealth kills, you can use the chainsaw to rip when you find the berserk pack and get super strength, you can perform cinematic executions and RIP AND TEAR your foes with your bare hands. Some enemies will scream in anguish and try to crawl away when near death, and they can be used as human shields. Blood will drip through your visor every time you shoot enemies too close.
Everything in Brutal Doom is extremely intense. Everything sounds louder, looks bigger, moves faster, and hits harder. The camera shakes every time something explodes near you. Enemies are harder and smarter, and weapons and explosions are loud as ****.Your weapons have been upgraded to a deadly arsenal, completely throwing the vanilla Doom's "progressive weapon system" through the window. Every weapon is powerful and have it's pros and cons, and a weapon will never be outclassed when you find a new weapon.You have new abilities too. With any weapon selected, you can press Q (default bind) to kick enemies at close range and send them away. Press F (default bind) to taunt enemy players, and Z or X (default binds) to wave to other players in cooperative modes.
Brütal Doom will make the good an old Doom have a new and fresh look. It will give you a reason to play all the Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, and Final Doom levels again. This mod also works with almost every megawad and map pack around. Take a breath, and prepare to RIP AND TEAR HUGE GUTS!!!!!

Anyone give this a go? Would love to know what you thought, I'm playing through this at the weekend on Black Metal difficulty but I'm going to allow myself the option of a quicksave as its just impossible without.

Anyone give this a go? Would love to know what you thought, I'm playing through this at the weekend on Black Metal difficulty but I'm going to allow myself the option of a quicksave as its just impossible without.

I will when I can get them cheap

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom