1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

brushed steel effect av wall plates?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Justhe1, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Justhe1

Justhe1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am currently refurbing my dining room and would like to connect a small LCD TV and set of speakers to my main AV amp and sat TV digi box in the lounge next door.

house is old so solid walls - AARGGHH! but at least am having it replastered and new floor so have the fun task of chisellling out cable runs at the mo.

I would like to have Sat/coax and audio L&R connections from dining room to lounge and was thinking of maybe brushed s/steel or steel effect wall plates that I can mount mid way up the wall ready for hanging the LCD etc.

Does anyone know if anywhere does such things and if so wher I could look??!!

Thanks in advance..

2. themadhippy

themadhippy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    something in the m.k or crabtree "gridswitch" range might be suitable,or make your own with an electrical blanking plate and suitable chassis mounted conectors

3. Dominic

Dominic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    i bought some brushed stainless plates for my kitchen, the range didnt have network or sat/tv. So i bought a phone one and a tv/fm, then with some grip fill ( very very strong glue used by carpet fitters for holding down gripper, the REAL no nails)and made my own. I used a std krone module and took out the phone gubbins and made the network one. For the SAT i used a white sat/tv faceplate and removed the guts and glued it to the stainless one. It works very well and looks the part.

by the way this glue is currently holding one of my false kitchen units on the wall its VERY VERY strong, its sticks like the preverdbial to a blanket