Brum 0 Liverpool 7!

Discussion in 'Sport' started by overkill, Mar 21, 2006.

1. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    Wow! Not looking for a row here gentlemen, but what's happened to Liverpools formerly shot shy front row? Have they:-

a) hit a motherlode of really crap teams or
    b) the lack of confidence many had has been overcome by the Fulham result?

Or other suggestions?

2. dgc

dgc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Bit of both.
    They've certainly been helped by some shoddy defending in last three games.
    Even so - 15 goals in last three games has certainly been a welcome change.

My tip is LFC v WHUFC final

3. metropolis

metropolis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    i think it was only a matter of time that we gave someone a good hiding because we normally create alot of chances. even with dodgy forwards there was bound to be a game when they all went in

4. dgc

dgc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Indeed, we've had more attempts than any other team in the league this year - just that poor finishing has given a poor goals total.

5. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I'm sure that all of the other Palace supporters will join me in offering my sympathy to Steve Bruce and his team after this humiliation :D

6. dc007

dc007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Birmingham are doomed. They are awful. Catastrophic defending. I've watched them twice in 3 days now and I can see no redeeming features. They're a broken team and are going down - next three games v Man U, Chelsea and Bolton, I believe.

Liverpool are beginning to look a very good team.

7. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,210
    good result, but do some of their fans really have to crap in a cup and throw it at rivals?

8. smelly

smelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    We looked a good team most of the time even when we weren't scoring. I do feel sorry for Brum though - being on the end of a thrashing like that is never good. I've heard that the board have said Steve will stay til the end of the season but that was before last nights result. He might be lucky as it wasn't a prem game but to have to face Man U and Chelski after that is not going to be easy!!

Despite the small bit of sympathy I thoroughly enjoyed the display though :clap: We really needed the last 3 results and I'm glad Crouch has started scoring regularly. Although is it just me or does he seem to head even the lowest of shots??? :confused: I would've had to bend to get my head on one of his goals last night and I'm 5ft nothing!!!

Stunning goal from Riise and good to see Sissoko back. Just need to get rid of Cisse now and we're sorted :lease:

9. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    Agree with the first, not so sure about the second. Is it that, or is it further proof that the prem is a total disgrace outside the top three? Bear in mind, and in fairness to Liverpool, no team particularly inspires me at the moment, including, Chelsea, Utd, and the Arsenal. It's more 'flattering to decieve' and less 'greatness' frankly.

Having, through the choice (bias?) of the broadcasters, watched Liverpool many times this year, I see nothing beyond a workmanlike outfit packed with serial underachievers - and juggernaut loads of spin. Still, as above, they aren't alone on that score. Utd, as their own fans point out, aren't up to much, yet they could, the way Chelsea are going, win yet another (depressing isn't it?) premiership.

The likes of Birmingham, Sunderland, WBA, Newcastle, Villa, et al show just how low the top flights standards have sunk.

10. booyaka

booyaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,580
    That was indeed a total thrashing last night - felt a bit sorry for brum but it does show what a poor side they are.

I understand that when some of the lower teams get injuries etc, they don;t have the quality players in the reserves to bring in and replace the bigger players but that was a terrible display last night from the players.

I am supposed to be going to the Man Utd v Brum game on sunday so secretly hoping for another shed load of goals!!!!:clap:

11. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13,025
  12. booyaka

booyaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,580
  13. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +850
    One of the best results of the season! We love you Steve Bruce, we do! :smashin:

14. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    we have our occasional flashes of some really nice football and then **** it all away by unbelievably poor perfomances (the wigan game was one of the worst perfomances i have ever seen) if your strikers cant grab a few against birmingham then they should be playing for the pub team not a prem team.i just stand watching garcia play in utter disbelief most the time,but you dare not take him off as he has flashes off brilliance but he is the most annoying player to watch since smicer.

our strikers are **** lets not sugar coat it,i really like crouch but he isnt gonna get you 15 goals plus a season but his link up play is lovely all we need is someone like rushy to put them away :rotfl: as opposed to cisse or morientes who look like they would struggle to finish a round of toast:mad:

15. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    Why not? He's already got 12.

16. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    true,but 7 of them are of rebounds from goal keepers lol.i just dont think he will do it year in year out to be honest and while he is obviously better than emile heskey i think next season will be a true test of his skill.