1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bruce Lee Fan / Colletors? Many our there?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by figoagogo, Oct 15, 2005.

1. figoagogo

figoagogo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +575
    I like Enter The Dragon and thats about it for me!

But my Father in Law was/is a great fan of Bruce Lee - and has a vast collection of Bruce Lee (inc Green Hornet) magazines, from the 60's/70's/80's (not sure of the date), they contain articles, posters etc, they are in quite good nick. There are even some articles on the "latest camcorder and VHS equipment" :eek:

Any way, do collectors go for this kind off stuff, where could it be valued, any of you lot interested in such stuff? (this is not yet an offer to sell).

Cheers

M

2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,075
    I'm a big Brucie fan myself, although probably not as obsessive as collecting the Green Hornet mags (although I do have all the Green Hornet episodes on video!)

Don't really know where you'd find a market for that stuff. If not ebay then maybe try some shows (there's normally a few per year), try martial arts magaines for dates. If that doesn't work, try Comic trade fairs, they'll probably be your best bet!

3. figoagogo

figoagogo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +575
    OK, thing is he wants to sell thems but expects me to do the hard work :rolleyes:

4. drunkenmaster

drunkenmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    From one Bruce Lee fan to another - theres not much info available and if you try there are only price guidelines. Obviously the most collectible being a genuine signature - is in the top 20 most sought after autographs. I missed out on a signed cheque a few years back for a purchase price of £1500 now worth at least double that.

Have a look at this http://www.brianharrison.org/brucelee/bruce.htm

BTW beware of ebay for major scams

5. west

west

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think Bruce Lee is fantastic the only problem is he doesn't really fight anybody who's any good in most of his films.

6. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I love Bruce Lee's films to..have all his main ones...damn shame about his last film Game of death......if you watch the extras on the DVD the footage that had been found where he makes his way up from one level to the next was really interesting and I can only guess at how good that film would have been if he had lived to complete it. As it was we got what I think is pretty poor story in its place, but then Im sure no director so maybe they did the best they could (or was it just a chance to get money and film be damned).

7. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +844
    I think the final fight between Lee and Chuck Norris in Way Of the Dragon (in the ruins of the Colisseum) is just amazing.

8. figoagogo

figoagogo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +575
    THANKS FOR THE LINK!!! They are similar to (some must be the same) as the mags my father-in-law gave me! Worth a few quid then!!! It just knowing what it worth the money etc :rolleyes: