Bruce Dickinson - Anthology (3 Disc Set) £11.87 @ Amazon Jersey

krish72 said:
is listed at £13.99 at CD WOW
- i.e. I could get it for £10.99, others perhaps could order it for less ;)

Blimey..i've just made AVForums number one faux pas - not taking into account the various CD-Wow discounts. :eek:

Cheers Krish :smashin:

am sure I saw it cheaper at CD WOW a few weeks ago, but then forgot about it, will wait for it to come down further, as not that keen on some of it (i.e. Dive Dive Live - which I bought on VHS around 90/91)

btw, am sure you're aware of the imminent Maiden activity (clicky1; clicky2); - "The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg" has grown on me

krish72 said:
am sure I saw it cheaper at CD WOW a few weeks ago, but then forgot about it, will wait for it to come down further, as not that keen on some of it (i.e. Dive Dive Live - which I bought on VHS around 90/91)

btw, am sure you're aware of the imminent Maiden activity (clicky1; clicky2); - "The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg" has grown on me

I never picked up any of Bruce's videos so it's quite nice having them all in one tidy package.

As for Maiden's latest offerings - i really like Bejamin Breeg (it is a grower) and i can't wait for the album in 3 weeks.

Can't wait for the album myself.... copied below some interesting official website info on the bonus DVD edition of the album

- DVD contains a new 'making of' documentary by Maiden's Early Days DVD documentary director... and Early Days is imho probably one of the best rock documentary/music/live/anthology type DVDs around

- in keeping with this forum's DVD Bargains purpose... this bonus DVD edition of the album is probably cheapest at CD WOW (www.cd-wow.com/detail_results.php?product_code=380535) for £10.99 (i.e. less when factoring in the usual tricks ;))

----------------------------------------------

From www.ironmaiden.com/article.php?section=1&subsection=1&article_type=&article_id=1340 ...

03/08/2006 IRON MAIDEN announce special album format​

The band have now finally confirmed that the release date for their new Studio album 'A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH ' will be 28th August in most of the world, 29th August in Canada, and the USA has been confirmed as 5th September.

The album CD will also be available as a Limited Edition Special Deluxe format which contains a Bonus DVD. The DVD contains nearly an hour of documentary footage plus videos and photos all shot whilst the band were making the album. The Documentary 'The Making of A Matter Of Life and Death' directed by Matthew Amos (Early Days, Death on the Road DVD Documentaries) features candid video footage shot largely by Kevin Shirley himself during the recording of the album giving a real behind the scenes look at life in the studio . The bonus DVD also features the full 7.21 minute video promo for 'The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg', and a special intimate filming of the band recording 'Different World' in the studio.

krish72 said:
Can't wait for the album myself.... copied below some interesting official website info on the bonus DVD edition of the album

- DVD contains a new 'making of' documentary by Maiden's Early Days DVD documentary director... and Early Days is imho probably one of the best rock documentary/music/live/anthology type DVDs around

- in keeping with this forum's DVD Bargains purpose... this bonus DVD edition of the album is probably cheapest at CD WOW (www.cd-wow.com/detail_results.php?product_code=380535) for £10.99 (i.e. less when factoring in the usual tricks ;))

From www.ironmaiden.com/article.php?section=1&subsection=1&article_type=&article_id=1340 ...

03/08/2006 IRON MAIDEN announce special album format​

The band have now finally confirmed that the release date for their new Studio album 'A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH ' will be 28th August in most of the world, 29th August in Canada, and the USA has been confirmed as 5th September.

The album CD will also be available as a Limited Edition Special Deluxe format which contains a Bonus DVD. The DVD contains nearly an hour of documentary footage plus videos and photos all shot whilst the band were making the album. The Documentary 'The Making of A Matter Of Life and Death' directed by Matthew Amos (Early Days, Death on the Road DVD Documentaries) features candid video footage shot largely by Kevin Shirley himself during the recording of the album giving a real behind the scenes look at life in the studio . The bonus DVD also features the full 7.21 minute video promo for 'The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg', and a special intimate filming of the band recording 'Different World' in the studio.

Cheers for that mate, i'll cancel my pre-order with Play and go for CD-Wow! :thumbsup:

I really cant wait to get the album and the dvd..then of course there is the tour in December...followed by the next installment of the 'History Of Iron Maiden..' dvd late next year, that will supposedly cover Powerslave, SIT & SSOASS. *drools*

Jim Morrison said:
...then of course there is the tour in December...followed by the next installment of the 'History Of Iron Maiden..' dvd late next year, that will supposedly cover Powerslave, SIT & SSOASS. *drools*
I thought this would basically be a completely revamped/cleaned up Live After Death and associated documentaries etc; but if its all that as well, even better :thumbsup:

... I caught them in Dec '88 on the SSOASS tour at Wembley Arena, and bought the Maiden England live vid of their NEC performaces the following year - hope they include that or perhaps Donington '88 (full audio definitely recorded by Radio 1, and video footage was in The Clairvoyant promo vid)

krish72 said:
.... I caught them in Dec '88 on the SSOASS tour at Wembley Arena, and bought the Maiden England live vid of their NEC performaces the following year - hope they include that or perhaps Donington '88...

:thumbsup: So do I. They were both top gig's. I remember them with fond memories. :devil:

Can't believe its about 20 odd years since SIT came out
- clearly remember it as though it was yesterday when I bought Stranger In A Strange Land 7" with poster sleeve

btw, this is me in '89 at the London convention of the Maiden FC when the Maiden England vid and Infinite Dreams (Live) single were about to be released
- was getting my The Clairvoyant 12" gatefold autographed, think I managed to get everyone's apart from Nicko

maiden89.jpg

hair's a bit shorter, greyer and thinner these days
- and might have put on a pound or two since then ;)

krish72 said:
Can't believe its about 20 odd years since SIT came out
- clearly remember it as though it was yesterday when I bought Stranger In A Strange Land 7" with poster sleeve

btw, this is me in '89 at the London convention of the Maiden FC when the Maiden England vid and Infinite Dreams (Live) single were about to be released
- was getting my The Clairvoyant 12" gatefold autographed, think I managed to get everyone's apart from Nicko

maiden89.jpg

hair's a bit shorter, greyer and thinner these days
- and might have put on a pound or two since then ;)

Awesome mate - love those photos...they've made my afternoon! :thumbsup:

Never met any of Maiden sadly....although i've seen Steve once or twice at Upton Park when i used to have a season ticket for West Ham.

Anyways, i first saw Maiden on the Somewhere In Time tour in 1986 and also went to Donington in 1988...i pray they release that on video at some point.

Oh..dunno if you've noticed or not...but there's another track available at the OS from the new album...'Different World'...and there's another one going up later tonight!:thumbsup:

Jim Morrison said:
..Oh..dunno if you've noticed or not...but there's another track available at the OS from the new album...'Different World'...and there's another one going up later tonight!:thumbsup:
thanks mate :thumbsup:
- didn't realise that... will check it out now!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom