I never picked up any of Bruce's videos so it's quite nice having them all in one tidy package.krish72 said:am sure I saw it cheaper at CD WOW a few weeks ago, but then forgot about it, will wait for it to come down further, as not that keen on some of it (i.e. Dive Dive Live - which I bought on VHS around 90/91)
btw, am sure you're aware of the imminent Maiden activity (clicky1; clicky2); - "The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg" has grown on me
krish72 said:Can't wait for the album myself.... copied below some interesting official website info on the bonus DVD edition of the album
- DVD contains a new 'making of' documentary by Maiden's Early Days DVD documentary director... and Early Days is imho probably one of the best rock documentary/music/live/anthology type DVDs around
- in keeping with this forum's DVD Bargains purpose... this bonus DVD edition of the album is probably cheapest at CD WOW (www.cd-wow.com/detail_results.php?product_code=380535) for £10.99 (i.e. less when factoring in the usual tricks )
From www.ironmaiden.com/article.php?section=1&subsection=1&article_type=&article_id=1340 ...
03/08/2006 IRON MAIDEN announce special album format
The band have now finally confirmed that the release date for their new Studio album 'A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH ' will be 28th August in most of the world, 29th August in Canada, and the USA has been confirmed as 5th September.
The album CD will also be available as a Limited Edition Special Deluxe format which contains a Bonus DVD. The DVD contains nearly an hour of documentary footage plus videos and photos all shot whilst the band were making the album. The Documentary 'The Making of A Matter Of Life and Death' directed by Matthew Amos (Early Days, Death on the Road DVD Documentaries) features candid video footage shot largely by Kevin Shirley himself during the recording of the album giving a real behind the scenes look at life in the studio . The bonus DVD also features the full 7.21 minute video promo for 'The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg', and a special intimate filming of the band recording 'Different World' in the studio.
I thought this would basically be a completely revamped/cleaned up Live After Death and associated documentaries etc; but if its all that as well, even betterJim Morrison said:...then of course there is the tour in December...followed by the next installment of the 'History Of Iron Maiden..' dvd late next year, that will supposedly cover Powerslave, SIT & SSOASS. *drools*
So do I. They were both top gig's. I remember them with fond memories.krish72 said:.... I caught them in Dec '88 on the SSOASS tour at Wembley Arena, and bought the Maiden England live vid of their NEC performaces the following year - hope they include that or perhaps Donington '88...
Awesome mate - love those photos...they've made my afternoon!krish72 said:Can't believe its about 20 odd years since SIT came out
- clearly remember it as though it was yesterday when I bought Stranger In A Strange Land 7" with poster sleeve
btw, this is me in '89 at the London convention of the Maiden FC when the Maiden England vid and Infinite Dreams (Live) single were about to be released
- was getting my The Clairvoyant 12" gatefold autographed, think I managed to get everyone's apart from Nicko
hair's a bit shorter, greyer and thinner these days
- and might have put on a pound or two since then