brrrgghhhh its freezing in here

Vince Noir

Banned
Has anyone had any freezing issues ?
Mine has been fine up until yesterday.
Last night it froze on me while doing the 2nd race for Brucie.
Today it has froze twice the last time was just after loading the game up !
Hope its not my ps3 as its a launch one and is now out of warranty.

Gunhawk

Novice Member
mine was fine until yesterday to, and froze twice. First time i had to switch off at the back, but the 2nd time though, i tossed the controller away (in anger!) and left it ... and 30 secs later it unfroze it self and carried on going!!!! then seemed fine. :confused: weird as it didnt freeze at all during the 8/9 hours i had it going non stop on Tuesday!

WelshRob

Standard Member
no freezes here so far. and mine is a launch 60gb PS3 too. From what you (and others) are experiencing though, it does seem to me to be a possible hard disk issue (fragmented drive/disk too full) or possibly a network issue (my ps3 signs on when i switch it on even if I dont go online in any games)....

Vince Noir

Banned
no freezes here so far. and mine is a launch 60gb PS3 too. From what you (and others) are experiencing though, it does seem to me to be a possible hard disk issue (fragmented drive/disk too full) or possibly a network issue (my ps3 signs on when i switch it on even if I dont go online in any games)....
Well i saved what i needed to save and did a quick reformat, no freezes as yet

TankTopLover

Simple tip for people too,always have 2 save game files on the go because there have been corrupted saves happening too,imagine losing all that play time :thumbsdow

m4rkie23

Novice Member
yeah i alternate save on 2 game files, so the most i'd lose (touch wood) is one mission....

mine froze twice 2 days ago, but has been fine since

Vince Noir

Banned
Just a little update, not had a single crash since i restored the ps3 to factory settings (saved game saves).
My mate who has a 40gb wired (just to go with the other thread) has had freezing twice now in quick succession. Only started just as i told him about it.
Mine is a 60gb wireless.
The only connection i can come up with is that we both use it for media streaming and use the hard drive to store things on as well.
Hhas 22GB left on his 40GB ad i had 16GB left on my 60GB.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom