• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Browser keeps freezing

cramhead

Standard Member
I've noticed this on a few macs i've been on. when browsing with any browser (firefox safari opera ive tried them all) I keep getting the loading mouse curser every 10 or so minutes (the circle, colourful one)
This happen to anyone else or is it just me?

thejudge

Standard Member
Although I don't get the cursor problem as such I do find that the latest release of Firefox is pretty unstable on Leopard and requires frequent restores.

Pbryanw

Established Member
I've noticed that sometimes when you open a right-click menu in Firefox on the mac, sometimes the spinning ball appears but that's the only time I've seen it in Firefox :confused:

And, Firefox 3 beta 2 has been pretty stable so far on my intel Mac - touchwood.

Fordy

Established Member
Sounds like a plug-in issue to me possibly flash.

Post the specs of the macs you are using, Processor, OS version etc and we'll start from there and try and figure it out.

as I have already posted, my safari quits on a fairly regular basis although it hasn't done it once today :rolleyes: I never get the loading icon and can't really recall seeing it at all yet although i've not really done anything challenging yet :devil:

Tenex

Distinguished Member
I've noticed this on a few macs i've been on. when browsing with any browser (firefox safari opera ive tried them all) I keep getting the loading mouse curser every 10 or so minutes (the circle, colourful one)
This happen to anyone else or is it just me?

The "beachball" often arises because of memory constraints what's your spec nad what else do you have running at the time?

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom