brothers grimm

pointyone

Established Member
Reaction score
AWESOME

need i say more(yes why cant it all be like that)

Wow i just flicked it on to see the level of pq and i must say im looking forward to watching the rest today. Its up there with bb2 and sahara for me pq wise movie was fun when i seen it before also.

I agree it was really good, some of the 5.1 surround sound was much better than normal too, the forest sounds were everywhere !!

Nice one sky, more like that please ........

:clap:

I tuned into the last 5 mins where the mirror witch (sorry, dont know the character name) shattered...that was pretty stunning.

A movie well suited to H.264 (12mbps) encoding or are SKY finally getting to grips with their encoders?
I automatically assume any SM10HD movie will have some issues simply becuase it's proven time and time again 4% an hour is far from perfect given SKY's hardware.

Enjoyed watching this today in all it's HD glory.
I was expecting a lot more of Gilliam's surrealism, which was fortunatley lacking in this enjoyable romp :thumbsup:

Maybe he was 'told' to tone it down and not go over budget so a not to risk another 'Munchausen' or 'Don Quixote' ?

A movie well suited to H.264 (12mbps) encoding or are SKY finally getting to grips with their encoders?
I automatically assume any SM10HD movie will have some issues simply becuase it's proven time and time again 4% an hour is far from perfect given SKY's hardware.

but how many times before have we thought that sky are finally sorting their pq ? It seems for every movie that looks awesome,there are 4 or 5 that look pants !

but how many times before have we thought that sky are finally sorting their pq ? It seems for every movie that looks awesome,there are 4 or 5 that look pants !

Exactly.
I hope the encoders have been sorted but more likely the movies content just suited the restrictions placed on them by the lower bitrate provided by SM10HD.
Same thing happens on SKY1HD, Bones and Standoff look great even at 4% while SG1/Atlantis at times obviously require more bandwidth due to their graphic intensive scenes.

If anyone else missed this too it's on again a few times on Thursday.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom