1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brotherhood of the wolf canadian SE's

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by captaineyecatch, Jul 10, 2002.

1. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Great news the Special edition Canadian dvds of Brotherhood of the Wolf have been announced - Cant Wait :D
    Details taken from www.dvdtimes.co.uk - A great site check it out!

This is what the fans of Christophe Gans Brotherhood of the Wolf (Le Pacte Des Loups) have been waiting for, details of the Region 1 Canadian Exclusive editions from TVA International. Two editions will be available from October. The regular edition will feature the Directors Cut of the film presented in 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen with French DD5.1/DTS Soundtracks and an English DD5.1 Dub, as well as both English and French Subtitles. Extra features on this release take the form of two audio commentaries, one with Director Christophe Gans, the other with actors Samuel LeBihan and Vincent Cassel, both in the French Language.

The Special Edition release will include three discs, the first will be identical to that found in the regular edition, while the second and third discs contain the same extra features as those found on the French Limited Edition set. These extras include two full length documentaries (80-minutes and 90-minutes in length), 6 Deleted Scenes, Photo Galleries, a short interview with a historian regarding the legend the film is based around and of course the usual Biographies and Trailers that round off the set.

Update! - We were a little concerned over the inclusion of English subtitles for the extra features on these releases but there is no longer any need to fret. The confirmation and thanks goes out to Mathieu Daoust, Chief Editor of DVDEnfrancais.com, who has now confirmed that ALL of the supplemental material will contain English subtitles.

2. garylloyd

garylloyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Excellent!! My favorite film for a long time.I can not wait.
    Cheers for the news.
    Gary

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    YES YES YES!!!!!:cool:

At last... DVD nirvana!!

This is the news I have been waiting for since seeing the film at the cinema.

Presumably any English R2 release would be minus the commentaries and many of the extra features?!

the commentaries being in french is a bit of a bummer, don't suppose these will be subtitled as well? Surely not everyone in Canada can speak French?

This is going on pre-order as soon as humanly possible.

4. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +999
    I'd expect subs on the commentaries - German thriller Anatomy came with a directors commentary in German when Columbia Tristar released it in the UK and USA, aswell as a hatful of extras and it was all subtitled. I'd personally expect the same treatment by the distributors of the Canadian SE of BOTW.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    right DVD times has it that the canadian discs will NOT have subtitled commentaries, so unless you speak french avoid it.

The R2 Uk disc will not have a commentary but does have a subtitled making of featurette (18mins).

However if you're willing to pay a premium (around £24.99 which I am) HMV have an exclusive two-disc set coming out on the same day with an 80min (i think) making of feature and some other stuff, this release is the closest we'll get to the canadian three disc set, bar the commentaries.

It's released in the UK on September 23.

6. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    James45,

Sorry, but I disagree with you. I'd rather have the Deluxe Canadian SE of "Brotherhood Of The Wolf" with two audio commentaries that I can't understand, than pay £24-99 for the UK version with next to no extras on it.

What's the point of buying the inferior UK version, when the Canadian 3-disc version should cost no more than £35 (approx), and will have:-
    - a DTS soundtrack
    - an extra 90-minute documentary
    - a "Making Of..." documentary
    and several other extras that the HMV UK version won't?

The only downside, is that the UK 2-disc release will have a 24-page full colour booklet with it, which may be quite nice. However, I'd still rather buy the Candian 3-discer anytime!

Roll on October 2002! :) :)

Pooch

7. ice_cool

ice_cool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, i think i'll have the 3 disc one please @ £24.66 ($58.99 CDN).
    Cheaper than HMV!

So what if the commnetaries are in french? Everything else has subtitles - if in doubt get a french dictionary :D

One thing to bear in mind is where will the subtitles be positioned? And will they be yellow or white? Or will they be a true to form translation of the french audio? (A similar argument is with the different versions of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon).

Just my two cents

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what's the point in having commentaries you can't understand? A lot of the stuff from the canadian 3 discer will be on the HMV release.

what's up with those canadians? i wish they'd pick a bloody language already?!:mad:

9. ice_cool

ice_cool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Both the canadian R1 dvds have DTS and DD 5.1, whereas the R2 only has DD 5.1. I'd prefer to have both audio formats so i can see which one is better :D

As for their choice of dual languages for their country have a look here http://www.lonelyplanet.com/destinations/north_america/canada/

28% are British descent
    23% French descent

Nuff said.

10. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeh but you'd think they'd choose one its impractical, after all it's been a while since anyone there was actually french or english... and besides it's making my dvd collection look messy:D ;)

yeh nice to have a choice of audio formats but I think it might be nice to buy a dvd in an actual shop for once.;)

11. Drunken Master

Drunken Master

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Monica Bellucci's another good reason to get this film. I've never seen it is it any good as I only read what it says on the back cover

12. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    one word... amazing.

13. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi,

Just watched the film on rental DVD, and it's absolutely superb. One of the best French films in a long time!

Anyway, I have fallen in love with the haunting song played over the end credits to this movie. Despite the song NOT being listed in the End Credits, I have managed to find out who it is, what it's called, and transcribe the lyrics... Which go something along the lines of...

Once there were oceans
    And the scent of forests
    Filled with sounds of magic
    Once so long ago

Once I was jaded
    Thought I knew a few things
    Understood so little
    Had so much to loose

Once on a journey
    Through the streets and mountains
    I stumbled on a rock edge
    Held me close to you

I will follow you
    I will follow you
    Be there and watch o’er this body

Once in the forest
    Told me that you loved me
    From the moment, changed me
    Something said just once

Once in a dark dream
    Fat had won the pages
    People poor, forever
    Shadows on the wild

Still I remember
    Lucky hand in Winter
    Summer’s own reflection
    Secrets in the sun

I will follow you
    I will follow you
    All through the pain
    I will follow

Once on the ocean
    Thought I heard you whisper
    Stay with me forever
    Love always goes on

Love always goes on

I will follow you
    I will follow you

The song is called "Once" and is by a lady called Felicia Sorenson! Why this superb theme wasn't included in the credits listings, I'll never know, because it is sublime. (Even the Internet Movie Database didn't list it! I've just informed them though.)

Pooch

14. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi,

If anyone can help me find out more information on "Felicia Sorenson", then please click on...

Link

... and let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Pooch

15. denonman

denonman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MOVIETYME has it on pre order for £24.99 delivered, plus they tend to ship well early.

16. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Cd-wow have it for £21.99 delivered - nice!!