Brotherhood of the Wolf 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Not seen this for ages. Sounds like the disc is a must have and glad it contains both versions. Cheers for the review.

Never heard of it!!!

Is it really that good? Blind buy maybe?
I watched it years ago when it came out and really liked it. However I would not give it a 10 ... but then again there are very, very few movies I would give 10 to. More like an 8 from me but will deffo watch it again after this great review.

I'd never heard of this either until Cas's great interview with MD. Reading the plot & the multi-genre aspect, it sounds like it could be a real marmite film but it seems to be generally well received. It's gone on the watchlist.

Saw this yonk back at the cinny when it came out, have the 3-disc dvd version but would definitely consider an upgrade.

One of favourite films of all time definitely in my top 10 ,have owned it on dvd , since many years ago a certain Jonathan Ross said it was one of his favourites and any movie buff ,should see it ,He was so right ,I've pre ordered my 4k version and can't wait to see and hear this movie as its director intended, I would recommend any movie buff ,who's not heard or seen this movie ,to watch it

Great review Cas, glad to hear the disc is 10/10 for PQ and no mention of the teal hue common on many studio canal releases. Hopefully my preorder isn’t too far away, always loved this film but haven’t watched my old dvd copy in ages so really looking forward to it.

Saw this back when it came out on DVD. Didn’t think much of it tbh. Couldn’t tell you a thing about it now.

I originally had this back in the dying days of VHS! It was a firm favourite at our uni digs, and watched several times! Good film!

Never heard of it!!!

Realistically rather a 8/10 movie, but yes, really, really good, saw it first in cinema at release and it has held nicely in terms of rewatchability.

Great review thanks. My copy arrived yesterday, cant wait to see it in this format, my old blu ray is now binned. For me this is a wonderful movie with so much to enjoy and some sublime action: the initial fight remains an object lesson in how to stage, execute and film a thrilling action sequence fluidly.

Only watched this a few weeks back on blu ray. Absolutely awesome movie. Should get my 4K tomorrow from HMV and I’ll watch it again right away. Top review Cas for one of my top movies.

Never heard of it!!!

It's one of the most determinedly entertaining films I've seen. It could be argued that it's silly in many ways - but I'd urge you to give it a go. It's got tremendous style across almost all aspects (period costumes and scenery is beautiful, and the cast is simply gorgeously to watch. Monica Bellucci is only marginally more beautiful than several of the men!). And the combination of fighting, horror and period makes for a unique experience.

Excellent review! Saw this twice in the cinema and I've been waiting for BotW on 4K for ages. If this is an 8 then Marvel hasn't made anything higher than a 2. But, then, I admire Silent Hill, too.

Great news on this release. can bin my Korean, unrated R1 dvd ,R1 theatrical release and shout factory blu ray release

I still have the 3 disc French dvd but will probably upgrade at some point. I still prefer the original French title Le Pact Des Loups!

Saw this back in the day and the impact has stayed with me since the first time I saw it, think this 4k version is the perfect time to introduce it to the kids

Never heard of it!!!

Same here.

A 10 has got me intrigued although Cas gave Guardians 3 an 8 and I only gave it a 4 :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom