Brother Printer With Fax

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by daftpunk1, Jan 10, 2012.

1. daftpunk1

daftpunk1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    A friend has just bought this printer...

BROTHER MFC-5890CN A3 All-in-One Inkjet Printer buy online | Currys

She has asked my opinion about setting up the fax but Ive no idea as Ive never used one. I presume this has to be connected to the telephone point. How will this affect the bt home hub and microfilter.

Also how do we find out the fax number for the machine.....

Any advice would be great as Im going round tomorrow to see if I can get it going.....:thumbsup:

2. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,344
    The fax connects the exact same way as the telephone, just treat it as another telephone. The Fax number is the same as the telephone number so if you have an answer machine of any sort make sure the fax engages before the answer machine which in effect renders the answer machine useless.

3. DeepDiver

DeepDiver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Actually, you need the answer machine plugged into the ext socket on your fax machine. Set answer machine to about 6 rings. On the fax machine set it to TAD Page 71 that way when some one rings and the answer machine responds with the voice message the fax is still listening for a fax which will then take over the fax if one is being recieved.

Start at page 49 user guide
    http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/BSC/public/files/dlf/doc002354/cv_mfc6490w_asaoceeng_usr_a.pdf

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012