1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brother-In-Law Works at Pioneer - Which 435 Do I Go For?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by smithycom, Jan 6, 2005.

1. smithycom

smithycom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My brother-in-law works at Pioneer (Castleford) where they make the Plasma TVs. I have asked him for staff discount prices on the following items, but am unsure which TV to go for. These prices are only valid till Friday 7th.

435FDE £2083

435XDE £2295

Is the XDE worth the extra £200? This is for the TV only stand and speakers are extra.

Would appreciate some advice on the items below also, which combo to go for.

Floor stand £407
    Table Stand £91
    Side/underneath mounted silver speakers £53
    Side mounted full length black speakers £102

At the moment I have Sky+ and a Pioneer 444 DVD player, but looking to upgrade things when I get the Plasma set up.

Is there anything else that I will need or should be getting?

Thanx

Smithy

2. oaklandraiders

oaklandraiders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Yo

Isnt he my brother in law as well ?
    Go for the XDE

John

3. wallisj

wallisj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Even though the salesman where i bought my 435xde from advised AGAINST buying the black side speakers i did as i didn't want to use the surround for everyday viewing

I am impressed by them, they were pricey for me at £170 but i do like them and they blend in nicely with the screen. They have a good tone to them (obviously not as good as serious quality speaker setup).

Overall, very impressed by the 435 and can say that at the price you are able to buy (lucky you) its a steal.

I have just switched from scart to component cables for the DVD (arcam DV88Plus) with progressive scan and i am mega impressed by the PQ...much much better than i was expecting...Sky is a bit pants though and i'm not going to bother getting a better ariel to use the freeview decoder in the tv with. The salesman said that the Sky PQ vs Freeview PQ favours the latter...

GO for it, you won't be sorry.

Cheers
    Jamie