Brother HL-3140cw Waste Toner box replacement help

Jason56d

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have had one of the above printers for nearly 4 years. Used it every once in a while and always been fine. Network connection has always been flaky at best, but never been an issue.

Then 2 days ago had 'Replace waste toner box' appear on my printer. Instruction manual was clear. Replace with a new one. So purchased one from Amazon arrived yesterday.

Me thinking it would be a 5 min job today as per manual were sorely mistaken. 2 1/2 hours later and still not working!!!

Replaced as per instructions which is straight forward. Remove all toner cartridges, remove belt unit, remove WTB. Insert new WTB, replace belt unit, replace toner, printer reboots. Still same message. In all have tried around 10 times now. With printer on (as per instructions) and off.

Watched a few YouTube videos about the problem, and none of the fixes worked for me unfortunately? This being the main one....

Anyone have any suggestions before I smash it to pieces with my sledge hammer?

Just watched another video, and got my HL-3140CW working.

This guy rotated the little dial in the WTB when it was inside the printer and not out of it. I rotated dial 4-5 times, replaced everything, it rebooted and all working fine now. Yippee!

PITA though as it should have just worked on install. But it's working now and I don't have to buy a new printer.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom