1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brother Bear

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Julie Winston, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Julie Winston

Julie Winston

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw the film over the holidays and was a bit dissappointed at the animation. Not in the same league as Ice Age (which it seems to pay some tribute to). The bears faces seemed to be drawn by a different (child?) artist. Even by Disney standards the story was cheesey and probably could cause some upset to the Native American / Inuit community if they could determine who it was trying to portray.

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,355
    I think in one paper it was in there top 5 worst films of the year, about No3.

3. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,676
    Was going to see this over the chrismas hols with the the 5 year old , but after him seeing / hearing the belch on TV trailer , there was only 1 film for him this crimbo , ELF. Which wasn't too bad (he and the wife enjoyed it ) Wossy slated it on f03 aswell (brotherbear) , seems if pixar are not invoved , its gonna be another rehash of a previous story

4. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I don't think it's fair to compare the animation between Ice Age and Brother Bear, as they are from two different styles. Isn't Ice Age CGI, where as BB is not ?

5. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16,025
    Hi,

Its a kids film, they would love it, people are to critical of kids films. All the kids in the cinema really enjoyed it. The animation was fine, the backgrounds looked good. Sure disney know their stuff.

Just thought the story might a bit complicated for very young children.

My neice (age4) loved it.

ta

rai