Brother bear R1

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by chris, Mar 23, 2004.

1. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Has anyone noticed the same as me......????........read on.

I am useing a Arcam DV89 and a Tosh 57WH36P.
    The Pic is OK at the start, but once he get's changed into the bear, then i start to get lines through the brown bits......not all the time, but on most of it.
    Dont seem to notice it on anything else.
    It also shows up on the Moose, because they are brown.
    Its like different grads of brown, down their bodies....some scenes there are big gaps between the lines, while others are more close together.
    It only last's for about 20 mins of the film and after that, the browns seem alright (no more lines).

There prob is a tech term for this, but i dont know it........
    is this showing up because of the size of my screen.......???......i am changing it for a 51" next week as the 57 is to big, but i am sure that i will still see it on this.
    Just not sure if this is a prob with the player, or the film.

I prob have not explained it to good, but if you have the film, then have a look and see if you can see the lines/different shades of brown on the bears and the 2 moose's.

cheers....chris.

2. ebury

ebury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    must admit have not noticed any problems with 'lines' etc...,but one thing i find totaly pointless is the widescreen version is in two formats!!The film starts in 1:85:1 with an awful border all round the image and then changes to 2:35:1 during the film!!!How and why is this shown like this ????

3. HeadBanger

HeadBanger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +406
    I took my daughter to see this at the cinema and thought that it was the projectionist setting the wrong ratio and correcting it halfway through!!! I must agree - why have Disney done this?

I thought this was an awful film - not one of Disney's better efforts.

4. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,053
    Review coming today at some point. The banding is there in the browns I noticed this as well, it would appear to be just in the brown areas and looks like its a fault in the animation colouring not the disc, its in the 4:3 version as well as the scope version.

The reason that it goes from 1.85:1 to scope is to give the perspective of the bear, see it through their eyes, everything is brighter, more detailed and wider, it is also the fact that the main character is opening his eyes to the real world and seeing things differently.