Broken Xbox :-(

B

boybranik

Hi,

I'm not very good with computers and my xbox360 for a while was making loud noises when the discs were loading and now the noises are very frequent and it says disc unreadable, it isn't the discs though as they are all in good condition and it does the same for each one.

Now the discs don't seem to spin at all, can anyone suggest the problem first of all and the best way to get it fixed? I live in Altrincham, south Manchester, I did a google search for repairs but couldn't find anywhere local, I know I could send it off to someone but the postage alone would cost a fortune! Maybe I will have to do that but if anyone knows any people who come out and/or are local to my area then I'd appreciate it.

I bought it from www.apeplay.com in April 2007 so will also see what they have to say on Monday.

Regards,

Chris.

if you don't have any joy with the retailer you got it from your next port of call should be microsoft as all 360's now have a full 3 year warranty which i think is detailed on the main 360 website. a friend recently returned his and got it back within two weeks, also no need to worry about postage cost as m$ send a courier to collect and return the unit..

heres the support page which has the freephone number on it

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/contact/

if you don't have any joy with the retailer you got it from your next port of call should be microsoft as all 360's now have a full 3 year warranty which i think is detailed on the main 360 website. a friend recently returned his and got it back within two weeks, also no need to worry about postage cost as m$ send a courier to collect and return the unit..

heres the support page which has the freephone number on it

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/contact/

That's brilliant, thank you very much :thumbsup:

I just rang that number on the link you gave me and a courier will come for it when I ring them in the week with no charges and repair it like what happened with your friend, I doubt I'd have found that out without your help so really happy now, thought I'd have to pay someone to do it so once again thank you :)

no problem, always a pleasure to help!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom