Broken TV, need to downsize

munib

Hi my Panasonic TX-40DX700 just stopped working. I have tried to troubleshoot it, and have decided to buy a 32 inch tv as a replacment.

The tv is only used for ps2 and ps3, and sometimes streaming netflix and youtube to my chromecast and it is place above my pc monitor. It is also placed in a conservatory so there is a lot of light in the room.

I've seen 2 tvs on offer but dont know which one to buy. I have a polk mini soundbar and sub so the speakers do not matter, and neither do any smart features.

The tvs on offer are the I just want to pick the better tv

LG 32" inch 32LM6300PLA and the Sony KDL-32WD751.​

I just want to pick the better tv. The LG is newer, but I know the Sony has a great picture as I saw one a few years ago and was very impressed.

munib

The Sony is a 2016 model like the DX700 you have. Probably best going for the 2019 LG instead. 32" TVs are all bottom spec nowadays, not sure you can really rate one above the other.

Thanks for the reply.

I ended up finding this from the Which review about the LG

"The real issues come when during motion. The TV just can't cope and objects judder like they're getting a few thousand volts passed through them"

I'll go with the Sony, even though the LG is £75 cheaper the main thing I can't stand with modern tv's is judder, which is why i've never purchased a Samsung tv.

I've only seen the Sony instore a few years ago though, so hopefully there's no noticeable input lag.

Dodgexander

Yeah its hard to say, I don't really rate which reviews personally. I think what they describe is pretty common on all low end TVS, wouldn't surprise me if it was the same on the Sony.

Sony do have a reputation for good motion, but not sure it extends down to their very lowest end models.

These models are built as cheap as possible. Its no longer possible to get a good 32" TV. Believe it or not some higher end model lines don't even start until 55" and higher nowadays. How happy you are depends on your expectations I think.

Loopthrough

Hi my Panasonic TX-40DX700 just stopped working. I have tried to troubleshoot it, and have decided to buy a 32 inch tv as a replacment.

The tv is only used for ps2 and ps3, and sometimes streaming netflix and youtube to my chromecast and it is place above my pc monitor. It is also placed in a conservatory so there is a lot of light in the room.

I've seen 2 tvs on offer but dont know which one to buy. I have a polk mini soundbar and sub so the speakers do not matter, and neither do any smart features.

The tvs on offer are the I just want to pick the better tv

LG 32" inch 32LM6300PLA and the Sony KDL-32WD751.​

I just want to pick the better tv. The LG is newer, but I know the Sony has a great picture as I saw one a few years ago and was very impressed.
Those Sonys are actually quite good. That's a good panel with good backlight (Sony's own).
Plus X-Reality PRO which is probably the best HD scaler on the market. Sony have good motion on everything.

And a nice slick design.
Yes, Sony's own Linux smart TV is basic but it is fairly fast.

Knowing Sony, probably very reliable. Brick PSU means that's easily replaceable if it ever fails.

Can't think of a more premium 32" on the market right now.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED First Thoughts + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 Review, TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom