Broken Sony Ericsson Phone on T-Mobile. Help needed!

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Henry, Aug 26, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Henry

Henry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    I've got (or should I say had) a Sony Ericsson K608 on T-Mobile for just over four months now.

About three weeks ago, the internal screen went. Most of it was covered in different colours but rendered the phone unusable.

I rang T-Mobile who very promptly arranged for a pre-paid Special Delivery envelope and packaging so that I could send it off to their repair centre.

I then heard nothing for 3 weeks and rang them last night to be told that I should have already had a letter from their service centre telling me that the phone is beyond economic repair and not covered under warranty as the internal screen was cracked which must be my fault and therefore not covered.

I was furious. I have had phones in the past and been careless with them, dropped them, stood on them and even left it on top of the car in the garage and driven off. Never broken one. This phone, I have been incredibly careful with. It is absolutely mint condition - not a scratch or blemish on it. It hasn't been dropped or anything.

I spoke with every tier of support in their call centre last night - only to get the same respone.
    • Not our problem
    • Take it up with Sony
    • Nothing we can do
    • Not covered by us after 28 days
    • You must have damaged it
    I finally reached the head guy who told me exactly the same and that I had no further recourse other than to write to T-Mobile Customer Relations. He couldn't (or so he said) give me a phone number for them. If I email them I'll get a response in 5 days or it'll take longer if I write to them.

Help! I know if I write or fire off an email, I'll just get fobbed off. Anyone any ideas as to where I go from here, as I'm furious about this. I cannot see that a mobile that breaks without suffering some trauma over and above normal use is sufficiently robust.

Ideas as to what to do next would be greatly appreciated!!

2. Azzin

Azzin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,072
    Very poor indeed. :thumbsdow

I've got a list of pretty much all the CEO's email addresses from most of the companies that I deal with/have dealt with, but nothing for anyone at T Mobile I'm afraid. :(

You can email them from here though: http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?menuid=inside_ao2o :smashin:

I would email Jim Hyde (UK MD) & Jean-Marc Codsi (Customer Services Director) with all the details & see what happens then. :smashin:

The people you spoke to-did you get their names? That will be useful in your email to the 2 directors...

3. ram33

ram33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    i know you dont want to pay for the repair,but if you get no joy you can get a screen for about £35-£40

4. Henry

Henry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Where can you get them repaired?