Broken screen on 3GS

GaryMo

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My wife has just called me to tell me she has dropped her 3GS and has cracked the screen. I'm assuming Applecare won't cover that?
If not then where would be the best place to have this repaired (Apple?) And how much would be be looking at roughly?

Thanks all.

Apple won't repair it, but they *may* consider an out of warranty repair, replace it for a refurb phone for £139 if I'm really correct. You can book a Genius appointment and check with them at a nearest Apple store.

Apple Retail Store (United Kingdom) - Genius Bar

If not, you can get a new screen fitted for around the same money at high street shops, if all else fails, flog it on the classifieds here I'm sure someone will buy it for parts :)

My wife has just called me to tell me she has dropped her 3GS and has cracked the screen. I'm assuming Applecare won't cover that?
If not then where would be the best place to have this repaired (Apple?) And how much would be be looking at roughly?

Thanks all.

£19.99 HERE

£20.48 HERE

£21.42 HERE

All sellers have good ratings :cool: No idea what Apple would charge but bet your life it's a lot more.......

HTH

Ron

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I think high street shops will charge about £50 for this sort of repair, or you can use the Ebay services roongood mentioned. (I would delete all the data on the phone before sending it to them)

However both are only good if the actual LCD under the screen glass isn't cracked, and all connections inside are still OK. Also the touchscreen you'll get is not original from Apple and there is always a difference in sensitivity. Finally any other damage (eg cosmetic, etc) is not covered either.

The other option like premaru said is out of warranty service at Apple for £139. This will get you a shiny refurbished unit essentially indistinguishable from new, plus it also comes with a 3 months' warranty.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I searched eBay for a local service and found a retail shop offering to repair for £25 that's only around 20 miles from me so that's where I'm off on Saturday.

Now, what to do with the missus! :devil:

Thanks guys. I searched eBay for a local service and found a retail shop offering to repair for £25 that's only around 20 miles from me so that's where I'm off on Saturday.

Now, what to do with the missus! :devil:

Sounds good mate ;)

Get a good all over case of some sort :rolleyes: :D

ATB

Ron

Get a good all over case of some sort :rolleyes: :D

Miss-uses will always find a way :) Mine dropped hers in water after getting a case. She's back on Blackberry + iPod touch now :))

She has an Otterbox case which gives very good protection to the rear and sides but obviously doesn't cushion the blow from dropping the phone or it does minimally. There's no other damage on the phone apart from the screen and to be honest, she could probably have dropped the phone 10 times and that only would have happened the once. Unlucky really.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom