Broken Remote, Help With All In One Replacement?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Madz, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Madz

Madz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hi there's probably a million messages with this type of situation, but to be honest I didn't think of what to search for other than 'I've broken my remote because im an idiot' which yielded no results...hmph.

Anyway basically the IR on my remote has snapped off and I can no longer play my 360 due to needing to press the AV button. So i figured i might aswell get an all in one for my amp/dvd/tv. I was having a look at the Cambridge Audio M1+ but looking at the manual online it says i need to point the original remote ir at it for it to copy the functions...which is obviously now impossible, so i was wondering if anybody could maybe suggest an alternative? the max i can go is around £50 but tbh i dont need that many functions or anything extravegant as im saving to upgrade/buy stuff for my system anyway.

TV - Hitachi C21 F60S
    DVD - Aiwa XD-AX1
    AMP - Kenwood KRF-V5030D

sorry this post is quite long winded, but if anyone could offer a suggestion it would be great. Or even to access AV without the remote (i tried just turning the 360 on, but it doesnt autoswitch like other devices) :lease:

2. micaab

micaab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    the logitech harmony 555 seems good value at £45 + del from Pixmania.

just got one myself and it's better than i thought it would be for that money.

:thumbsup:

3. Madz

Madz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Yeah just been checking that out actually, sounds/looks pretty cool.
    Apparently there's meant to be something on the logitech site about which devices it can be used with etc, but i looks around the site in the support section and cant find the page, just want to make sure it will work with everything if anyone knows where i can find this list?

Also how easy is it to use? I keep reading about macros etc, are these relatively easy to set up?

Thanks for your help :)

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    very easy to set up if a little time consuming (very easy you only have a few devices) you can do a test drive on the harmony US site and see the whole process for free

5. Madz

Madz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Did the test drive, seemed pretty simple. Pretty amazed that it can switch more than one thing on at a time, let alone point it to the right input etc, Also looks like won't have any problems when i get a new tv etc in a couple of months. So i ordered one, just bad time of year when i need it in a hurry, but my own fault for breaking the original remote.

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions and comments, i appreciate it.