1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken Mission 782 :-( Any idea's????

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Oasis-GasPanic, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Whilst moving my setup into a new room one of Mission 782's got knocked over and ever since then the midrange driver hasn't worked :-(, the bass driver and tweeter are fine though??? So I checked to make sure the bi-amp binding clips were on ok but it still doesn't work. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be. Is it possible that the mid driver is just disconnected or do i need to buy a new driver altogether???

Thanks,

2. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    It sounds like a loose connector problem, if they are still under warranty take them to your dealer or open them up yourself and check the cable and crossover for problems

3. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
    Even if you have to replace the driver at your cost it will cost you peanuts, most Mission drive units cost next to nothing. If you do have to get it replaced I would do it quickly though as the 78 series was discontinued due to unavailability of drive units.

4. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Cheers for the replies guys, I've had them for a couple of years so don't think they're in warranty anymore. I can see screws holding the back terminal panel in but cannot see any screws/fixings holding the driver in any ideas on how to remove it??

Cheers again,

5. Fresh_Mint

Fresh_Mint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Most Mission Loudspeakers come with a 5 Year warranty. I'm not 100% sure when that started but if you got yours 2 years ago they should be still in that 5 years. You can e-mail service@mission.co.uk to confirm this.

6. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
    If you remove the little rubber stoppers that the speaker grilles fit into they will reveal the screws that hld the plastic front baffle on. Underneath that you will be able to access the screw that hold the drive unit onto the cabinet.