Broken LG C9

sjenkinsv1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Hope you're all keeping well and safe.

As is typical when we've been told to stay inside for weeks on end , my new OLED (purchased in Jan) has stopped working - turning itself off.
As you can see from the attached picture, just before turning off, the display goes wild for a brief second (the picture is fine before it does this)
It first happened a few weeks after purchasing - happening 3 times over a weekend. It then didn't happen again until the following weekend and then it only happened once. However, as of last week, this now happens after every 40 seconds-ish so the TV is now completely unusable.

I had spoken to LG who had arranged for engineers to come and look / repair under the warranty but of course, with everyone in lockdown the engineers (rightly so) have had to cancel until god knows when...

So in a desperate long shot - wondering if anyone has any ideas on anything I could try (hard resest etc) if it may be a software issue?
I've done the obvious power cycle (unplugged for a couple of days!!) and reset to factory defaults. It happens with nothing plugged in to any inputs.
I'm guessing it is a hardware fault and in need of a proper repair but if anyone can suggest things to try - I'm open!

Thanks all!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200325-140028.png
    Screenshot_20200325-140028.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 213
Wounded for you mate. Sounds like something from the main board to me. I’d try changing the fuse though if possible if you can, worth a try.

That's a real shame as in general it is a superb TV. I would think that needs to be swapped out. Where did you get it from? Are they able to help you out with a temp replacement set to get you through the current mayhem? Wishing you the best...

@sjenkinsv1 I am in exactly the same boat. My C9 showed horizontal lines on the bottom half of the screen last week. On the day I was supposed to receive a date for when the engineers would come, LG contacted me saying they have to cancel all repairs due to lockdown..... It's such a bad time for this to happen because god knows when the lockdown will actually be lifted.

Thanks all for the replies - I guess I'm stuck with waiting for this lockdown to be lifted and the repair company to do their thing. I agree that changing the fuse will do little more than help pass some time!

@shovebove Tell me about it! I know given the current situation this is really not that important but still incredibly annoying and unfortunate timing! Especially with Disney+ now teasing me with all their HDR content!

Still open to any suggestions if anyone out there has any.

Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom