Broken iPod classic LCD screen

tianuk

Hey guys!:hiya:

Had a party last night, and someone decided it would be really cool to smash th e screen of my brand new ipod classic 80gb, the sound still works, but obviously the screen is completely smashed :-( ...im in the uk, does anyone know how i can fix it (preferably myself) as I havent got much money.. i assume i have to buy a replacement lcd screen.etc then look for a guide to figure out what im doin

Also if anyone is up for buying the earphones I had bought for it, lemme know (Ultimate Ears Super Fi. 5 EB), they are useless without my mp3 player :-(

:lease:

Dave Ward

Standard Member
Hi,

Sorry to hear the bad news and to be honest I have no idea how you can get it fixed unless you send it back to Apple. However if you decide to get rid of it I may be interested as it is. I want a second Ipod to leave in the car. I can control it from the radio so the broken screen is no issues. PM me if you are interested.

dave.

wicker_man

Here's a video guide on how to replace the screen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E_O_mIGaMU

I saw an iPod Classic replacement screen on eBay for £33 (not sure if I'm allowed to post a link though).

Alternately, if you have insurance with accidental damage, you might want to claim on that.

Or just get the person who broke your screen to buy you a new iPod.

EDIT: Didn't realise that Youtube links are automatically embedded!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom