1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BROKEN DOWN YAMAHA SUB....HELP ME!

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by The Spaniard, Apr 13, 2001.

1. The Spaniard

The Spaniard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    I have a yamaha active sub yst sw50 that has just packed up on me. Today I was swapping all my gear into a new cabinet and was disconnecting all my leads from my yamaha a2 amp to get it into the new cabinet. As I pulled out the sub lead I heard a noise as i realised that I had forgotten to turn the power to the sub off. After swopping all the kit and reconnecting my sub wont work!! To top it all I had today bought hollow man on dvd and was looking forward to a good night with a drink a good meal and a movie! Can anyone help me.... I have taken the back off the sub and cant see anything wrong. All fuses are ok, internal and in the plug and power is still getting to the sub.... the red light is still coming on but no sound at all... please help!

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a thought(s), how about if possible connecting it to another amp to see if it works, therefore you can rule out the amp connection being damaged somehow (don't know how but a possibility).
    Or try another lead or even a different sub to connect to the amp.

[ 14-04-2001: Message edited by: Bungle-js- ]