Broken Disc Drive?

mrbeannn

Established Member
Reaction score
My 360 was bought end of 2006, has had rrod, that i had fixed about a year ago-however recently its had problems. i started getting disc unreadable during gameplay. now certain discs are recognised as dvd, others as unreadable. fifa 09 will start then freeze the whole console. some older games play too, others do at times.

Is it the disc driver thats faulty? or scratched discs!? if my 360 was fixed less then a year ago can i get it fixed again- renewed warranty:confused:?

thanks for any help:thumbsup:

The first time my 2006 model 360 had the RROD. Its started by not reading disc then just died. When i rebooted the console it showed as the RROD. Its was send to miucrosoft and has a new dvd drive fitten and form then was fine. Couple of months later had they 2nd RROD. This time had a new motherboard fittend. No problems with it having been in for repair before so as long as its still in warrenty you should be fine from my expericence.

k thanks, guess ill have to send it in to them again, just some big games to play :(

********, its outta warranty-they say it'll cost me £50 to fix-soething i dont really want to spend on a old box thats never gonna be 100% right. i might try to send it in saying its got the rrod, but they'll probably only send it back broken. anyone know anywhere to sell broken consoles? i might just stick it on ebay and buy a new arcade or 60gb:mad: that i cant really afford atm

Best bet is probably to stick it on ebay. My 360 started to freeze when it loaded up and after several reboots the machine decided it had had enough and gave me RROD. Sent it away and it came back with a new disc drive which was odd considering half the time it froze when there was nothing in the disc drive. Might be worth a shot sending it back saying it got RROD after it froze.

i might stick it in the microwave for a couple of minutes to try to give it the rrod, then they can fix the disk drive while theyre repairing that accident

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom