• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Broken car key

I have a 307 and the 2 buttons on my case got lost so I could use my central locking. The car went fine and I locked it using the door lock.

I just bought a perfect fit replacement case off ebay for £10, I put the circuit board and blade in the new case and now my car wont start.

A friend tells me Ive lost my immobiliser code and will have to tow my car to peugeot and it will cost me a fortune to get a new code.

Any help would be great, my car will not go and cant talk to any mechanic til tomorrow.

ukdan

Established Member
unfortunately your friend is right that you have to get the code reset. Not sure what the cost is though.

simonf7

Established Member
If its like the old Peugeot remotes, there should be a tiny sausage shaped piece of what looks like plastic in the casing of the key - this is the tag that the immobiliser looks for when starting the engine.

Si

Top job simon. I dug through the bin for the old case and there was a little rectangular piece in the old case that wasnt in the new one.

Works perfect now. Im scared to transfer the transponder chip over to the new case, would you advise against it...

One more thing, I see peugeot 307 car keys selling on ebay for £20. Is it just a matter of reprograming the key or do i have to transfer my own circuit board and transponder over to their key.

And why are they selling their key, when you could steal their key.

DVD-Man

Distinguished Member
The keys for sale are more thatn likely for cars that are tin cans now.

Liam

Mep

Prominent Member
When we bought my daughters 206 it only had one key so we bought a spare.....the key only cost about £20 but it was around £150 to get it coded.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom