Broken Britain.... is this country too soft??

Should the UK bring back Capital Punishment

• Yes

Votes: 62 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 43 41.0%

• Total voters
meat is hung, people are hanged... ;) Apologies, Mep :)

Dave

I DO KNOW THE DIFFENCE THANK YOU !!! my finger missed a couple of keys which i did not check.There is still a working gallows that the drop is tested once a mth the prison where it is tested if i can remember is Pentonvile prison just in case its ever needed again. Up to a couple of years ago you could still be hanged for seting light to royal navey dockyards & treason which has just been taken of the statuary books.

I DO KNOW THE DIFFENCE THANK YOU !!! my finger missed a couple of keys which i did not check.There is still a working gallows that the drop is tested once a mth the prison where it is tested if i can remember is Pentonvile prison just in case its ever needed again. Up to a couple of years ago you could still be hanged for seting light to royal navey dockyards & treason which has just been taken of the statuary books.

all forms of death penalty where removed when straw signed one of the EU treaty's a while back

calm down, no offence intended :) I just wondered where this school is that still does capital punishment? :D

edit:

ps* the cane never did me any harm either (though it hurt like hell at the time)

Last edited:
There is still a working gallows that the drop is tested once a mth the prison where it is tested if i can remember is Pentonvile prison just in case its ever needed again.
Fairly certain that working gallows is in Devonport Naval Base.

If you want the death penalty back then ask yourself whether you would be able to "flick the switch".

If yes, then you are probably one of the people that should be in prison yourself.

also at Pentonville lets just say i have had personnell expierence with the one there :)

what do the forum members think, do we need harsher punishments

We need a robust system, but harsher/capital punishment...no.

Where do you start...Birmingham Six, Guildford Four, Cardiff Three, Bridgewater Four, Colin Stagg and on and on and on.

From beyond the grave Hussein Mattan, Derek Bentley.

Capital punishment doesn't deter - look at any death row in the U.S (or other countries where it's still practised).

Being sarcastic mate.

No matter what we say here the PC brigade and the civil rights group will always overwrite the majority.

Thats how soft Britain has become, always worries me if we ever had an invasion (i know never happen) but would we be the same as WWI WWII ? i dont think so.

Who would stand up and fight for England?

Being sarcastic mate.

No matter what we say here the PC brigade and the civil rights group will always overwrite the majority.

No matter what you say on here, capital punishment (in the US) still doesn't deter people.

Its the facts that are against you, not us wooly liberals who couldn't fight our way out of a paper bag.

Perhaps we're less likely to get invaded because us softies have the upper hand in Europe.

No matter what you say on here, capital punishment (in the US) still doesn't deter people.

Its the facts that are against you, not us wooly liberals who couldn't fight our way out of a paper bag.

Perhaps we're less likely to get invaded because us softies have the upper hand in Europe.

Capital punishment doesnt work because in every case you can raise appeal, which drags it out for (enter time) so half the time they get reduced to save money.

Facts mean nothing in a state of war, figures and emotions do.

I was told that no "English" regiments fought in the Falklands.

Para's? Marines? Royal Regiment Fusiliers? to list simple 3?

Edit: Hold on... Just slow on the uptake.

Falklands is British owned not English owned, but the Lancashire Fusiliers are English born, but any nationality can join.

Para's? Marines? Royal Regiment Fusiliers? to list simple 3?

Edit: Hold on... Just slow on the uptake.

Falklands is British owned not English owned, but the Lancashire Fusiliers are English born, but any nationality can join.

I was told this some time ago (very pre internet) and didn't know enough about it. For these purposes the Lancashire Fusiliers would be counted as English, I believe there were Welsh, Irish and Scots regiments as well as the combined British paras and marines, but no "English" regiments sent.

I would agree to capital punishment if everyone who voted yes for it was entered in to a lottery from which the executioner would be drawn. The victims family being able to choose an anything goes method of execution. Those not able to carry out the execution would be given a minimum sentence of ten years. If it is proved that an innocent person was executed then the executioner would be executed too. Along with the judge, jury, prosecution, defense, investigative police officers and those involved from the CPS. If it turns out the the defendant was guilty after all.... then someone will need to start digging a **** load more graves.

Anyway one crime that is not punished harshly enough and no doubt we are far to soft on and which maybe sees the death of 1000 people a year and should have sentence of at LEAST five years with the hope that those convicted get raped by some large black guy would be speeding. A disgusting evil crime that has seen the death of many an old lady that could not move fast enough to avoid some evil scum speeder.

Anyway one crime that is not punished harshly enough and no doubt we are far to soft on and which maybe sees the death of 1000 people a year and should have sentence of at LEAST five years with the hope that those convicted get raped by some large black guy would be speeding. A disgusting evil crime that has seen the death of many an old lady that could not move fast enough to avoid some evil scum speeder.

Funny enough I want old people who dent my car because they cant get out of the way quick enough punished! They should at least be required to have insurance to pay my costs ...

No matter what you say on here, capital punishment (in the US) still doesn't deter people..

Not strictly true. It does not deter the people who are willing to risk their lifes (clearly). However, you will never know how many people may have offened if the death sentance was not a potential punishment.

I am a proponent of capital punishment but only when there is irrefutable evidence.

Deterents aside for a moment. I don't care if it did not deter 1% extra.

What I like about the death sentence is, it removes these nasty people from planet earth, reduced costs to house them in jail and stops them re-offending (either in jail or when outside). *It also stops them from breeding and passing their genes on :D

*Last sentence may not be a 'real' concern as Australia does not have (to my knowledge) a disproportionally high rate of crime relative to their population levels, which primarily stem from criminal genes.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom