Broken Britain.... is this country too soft??

Should the UK bring back Capital Punishment

• Yes

Votes: 62 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 43 41.0%

• Total voters
The incentive to not misbehave should be not receiving a beating or lashes, jail is jail after all.

If jails were a damn sight tougher there shouldn't be many older people in them, as I have previously said allow voluntary suicide in jails, would solve a lot of problems with crowding and costs.

I would rather punishment first then rehabilitation thats if they make it through punishment without messing up. Rehabilitation should be a privilege if a crim has an exemplary record whilst in jail not an alternative option. The amount of repeat offenders there are show that as it is it doesn't work, make it tougher it will make some think twice about risking going back.

Thats why they used to have regular riots in jails before, because of the beatings ,some crimes are obviously a bye product of our capitalist society ,not everyone will be able to get on the ladder to sucess for various reasons,not everyone has a support system or family to help them .
Crimes of passion ,i have a family memeber who spent over 7yrs in prison for handing out a beating to someone sleeping with his wife behind is back .

Loads of people are locked up for various forms of fraud ,i think the problem is how the sentances are handed out ,they don't seem in proportion to the severity of the crime .

Watching a prison documentary about american prisons the other week and was horrifiied to see a young man with obvious difficulties in life sentenced to 12 months for a minor offence ,repeatedly bullied ,with no real hope for rehabilitation and even the possibility od spending the rest of his lfe in and out of prison ,made me feeel sick for the young man .

its not acceptable but its also a completely different thing to plan to go out and kill someone and to be involved in a road traffic incident which ends in a fatality,

Mostly I would agree with you, but from time to time there are cases that are so blatant that things should be different.
This car was a death trap. It was modified, and the modifications were deliberate and dangerous. He was driving dangerously and too fast. He was reckless beyond belief and that means, in my book, manslaughter at least. This case was so beyond the realms of what might be deemed an accident that the charges were inappropriate.

Mostly I would agree with you, but from time to time there are cases that are so blatant that things should be different.
This car was a death trap. It was modified, and the modifications were deliberate and dangerous. He was driving dangerously and too fast. He was reckless beyond belief and that means, in my book, manslaughter at least. This case was so beyond the realms of what might be deemed an accident that the charges were inappropriate.

yes i agree about the modifications however, he obviously assumed that the modifications where safe, I cant believe anyone would set out on a trip with a car and think, hmm this cars to safe I better modify it to be dangerous. A little knowledge ...

As for the actual driving involved or even the modifications all the news report gives is the polices comments and 99% of the time there sensationalist at best.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom