Broken Boiler !!! Help Please

mikenw

Hi all.

I have an Ideal combi boiler I think its a HE30.

The hot water is fine, and when reset the central heating starts briefly.

But the boiler keeps showing d on the display panel, it then goes to c for central heating but the burner light flashes, then returns to d and the burner light goes continuous. And continues this.

I have bled the radiators , topped up the system and am out of ideas.

Any help please ? As I need some heat!!!!

mikenw

That was my first thought.

But do they not do an initial check up on your boiler? before they authorise the policy?

IronGiant

I think they do, and if they don't think it will last another 10 years without any intervention from (cost to) them you don't get signed up :)

Dave

mikenw

Well my last hope is I have got home protection on my insurance which will cover emergency boiler breakdowns, £500 call out, £100 parts and labour!

Although looking at it , I think the PCB may have gone, as the bolier remains in domestic hot water mode, and running whether the hot taps on or off!!

The burner ignites when the hot water tap is switched!

But then returns to D and running when tap off.

IronGiant

In that case it might be worth getting BG out to arrange a "contract", if they can fix it for under your house policy excess and then keep you covered.

Dave

Naaktgeboren

Distinguished Member
I recently set up a similar contract for a boiler. As has been mentioned, part of the BG contract involves an initial examination by their engineers (they have obviously had many claims shortly after the inception of new policies :)

Hitby

Our Baxi boiler did this about one week out of its 12 month warranty :( Luckily my brother in law is a heating engineer so he came and took a look and did indeed replace the pcb. It was about £50 mates rates so I'm not sure what the true cost is.

Hope you get it sorted! A couple of years back our entire heating system got condemned 2 weeks before christmas, invested in a few blankets for presents to each other that year :D

Ayub

Distinguished Member
Hi all.

I have an Ideal combi boiler I think its a HE30.

The hot water is fine, and when reset the central heating starts briefly.

But the boiler keeps showing d on the display panel, it then goes to c for central heating but the burner light flashes, then returns to d and the burner light goes continuous. And continues this.

I have bled the radiators , topped up the system and am out of ideas.

Any help please ? As I need some heat!!!!

You have a leak in the tap water side. Try turning on all taps and the switch them off. TBH Ideal boilers are crap i have a HE24 ENDLESS BLOODY PROBLEMS i now have a faulty diverter ( very common fault) valve. :mad:

mikenw

Ayub you were right!

I found this at midnight last night!

I had no dripping taps at all, but when I rechecked one was not fullt closed!!

All is sorted now I am warm, with hundreds of pounds left in my pocket :thumbsup:

One to look out for before calling a plumber!!! How random

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom