• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Brokeback Mountain HD Sat 29 July

WelshRob

Standard Member
Watched Brokeback Mountain on Sky Movies Box Office HD last night at 9pm - was appalled at the picture!! Loads of pixellation and blurring - made me wonder what on earth I was paying £10 a month more for and furious I had shelled out £3.75 for the movie on Box Office to get a less than SD quality picture...really not been impressed with a lot of things on SKY HD recently (picture quality wise)...BBC HD still impresses me though. Anyone else notice very poor picture on SKY HD channels...is Sky mucking about with the bitrate or what? It really isnt a patch on the German and US picture quality.... :mad:

timmers

Established Member
Hi,

Watched this the other day on an LG 37 inch LCD and I thought the broadcast was awesome.....(not sure about the film though;) )...this is the only film I have watched from Sky themselves. Nat Geo and Disc and BBC HD just awesome!!

Giblets2

Established Member
WelshRob, are you sure you booked the HD version from box office? Sorry to ask but I have to admit to having made that mistake with 'In Her Shoes' on the Day I got my box - May 22nd! :rolleyes: :blush:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom