Brodit users - need advice on where to mount in my new Astra...

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a Brodit active mount in my old car for about 2 years, but i have just bought a mk5 Astra (2005). Looking on various dealers websites i see Brodit do 5 proclips for the Astra in various position. Most are unsuitable, apart from two and i am struggling to decide which to go for. One is higher up on the dash next to the dash display and the other is off to the side of the head unit...

brodit1.jpg

or

brodit2.jpg

I prefer the lower down one as it would be neater, but worried people in passenger seat will knock it.

I know there are quite a few Brodit users on these forums. Any one here got any advice?

Last edited:
I've my brodit similar to the first picture. If much easier to look at when I'm using my TomTom app and also easier to touch when I want to make a call and reading incoming text messages during driving

I've had similar mounts low down in the past, like that second picture. I got bored of people kneeing it so moved it higher :)

I've always gone centre dash with mine as it was far more useful for satnav but as I rarely need that now, I think I'd prefer somewhere a little more discreet. Like you say though, the low version might get knocked about a bit.

Top one, its more in you line of sight too, dont have to look down as far too

Went for the top one. It's a bit to close to the indicator stick for my liking and not as secure as other proclips I have used, but otherwise I'm happy with it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom