Brodit car holder for iP4

kingsize

Just in case anyone is looking for one, it's not out for a month or so.

BUT, I can happily confirm that the 3G/S holder takes the iphone 4 perfectly, so no need to change!

I hope this is of use to someone.

NickRno77

BUT, I can happily confirm that the 3G/S holder takes the iphone 4 perfectly, so no need to change!

Thats great, do you have the 3gs Brodit 521106 Active Holder, Tilt Swivel
With cig-plug and USB cable. Adjustable holder, fits devices with skins.
?

kingsize

No, mine takes a naked 3g/3gs and now the 4.

The same priciple may apply.

Just delighted I don't have to wait and shell out for a new one!

darren68uk

Im confused how did you manage that, ive posted a querie on acouple of forums as mine doesnt, it does charge etc but its abit wobbly/unstable, have you got any protection on the IP4:rolleyes:

hot-fuzz

Banned
I have the non-adjustable iPhone 3g holder and its too tight to fit in the iPhone 4 with the bumper on.
It fits a bit too lose with the case off, but does fit though im not take the bumper off every time i get into the car.

Does anyone know if the adjustable one fits the iPhone 4 with bumper on ?
I might get that instead of waiting for a new iphone 4 specific one to arrive.

Ta
:thumbsup:

NickRno77

I have the non-adjustable iPhone 3g holder and its too tight to fit in the iPhone 4 with the bumper on.
It fits a bit too lose with the case off, but does fit though im not take the bumper off every time i get into the car.

Does anyone know if the adjustable one fits the iPhone 4 with bumper on ?
I might get that instead of waiting for a new iphone 4 specific one to arrive.

Ta
:thumbsup:

If you can't wait and are prepared to take a gamble you could try one of these Brodit Adjustable iPhone Cradle 521106 maybe worth ringing dsldevelopments?

Naaktgeboren

Distinguished Member
I think the Brodit solution is the way to go, I have one query though. I have an ipod connection lead already fitted in my vehicle which enables me to get the devices sound through the car speakers, am I right in thinking that the brodit holder will still allow me to make my own power connection to the device.

Could someone link me to the Iphone 3gs product that is known to work with the IP4.

Many thanks

Naaktgeboren

Distinguished Member
I might go for the adjustable one without a power cable. £20 off ebay (compared to £30 at dsl).

Might be worth a punt as money is no object seeing as ive just paid £25 for a rectangular strip of plastic :rotfl:

Could you paste the link, I could not find anything.

NickRno77

Last edited:

darren68uk

just put the code: 875214

in the search box

mightynimrod

Thats great, do you have the 3gs Brodit 521106 Active Holder, Tilt Swivel
With cig-plug and USB cable. Adjustable holder, fits devices with skins.
?

Ive got this one and my IP4 fits just fine, a bit loose on it's minimal width but when i get a bumper it should fit nice and snug

Naaktgeboren

Distinguished Member
It wont need to extend, the IP4 is loose on it's narrowest setting.

Yes, looking at the holder I can see that being a problem, looks like I will have to wait for the official cradle. I really need one which I can rotate the IP4 landscape when using as a Sat Nav.

mightynimrod

Yes, looking at the holder I can see that being a problem, looks like I will have to wait for the official cradle. I really need one which I can rotate the IP4 landscape when using as a Sat Nav.

Are you using it with a bumper or will you be putting a case on it?

Mine sits fine in it and charges up/plays songs no problem but will just fit better when it's got a bumper on it.

Naaktgeboren

Distinguished Member
My phone is naked at the moment, still deliberating over the choice of cases/bumpers.

I will have to give this a miss though as I really need a cradle which will let me use the phone in landscape mode...... shame.

vanilla

I haven't got an iPhone 4 yet, so I'm just trying it with a silicone case. The Brodit 875214 passive mount has adjustable thumb screws and should fit with most skin/silicone type cases.

Brodit #875214 Apple iPhone Passive Holder Tilt Swivel Mount

201a2v.jpg

5jzpz7.jpg

25qvdxg.jpg

Redjay

I have been using the same brodit passive holder for about the last 6 or so devices that i have used in the car. I just heat up the sides with a gas burner until the holder goes a bit soft and then bend to suit.

Simple really and saves me paying £20 + for a new piece of plastic every 6-9 months!

hot-fuzz

Banned
I have been using the same brodit passive holder for about the last 6 or so devices that i have used in the car. I just heat up the sides with a gas burner until the holder goes a bit soft and then bend to suit.

Simple really and saves me paying £20 + for a new piece of plastic every 6-9 months!

Thats a great idea as with a bumper on its just a bit too tight. Might do that as i wont be able to sell it so if i broke it i wont be in any worse situation, and if it works i save £20.

Nice

tigermad

Distinguished Member
I would like a Brodit mount but am a bit concerned that the glass back on the iP4 may get stratched on the screws?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022