• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Broadcast Monitor to DVD?? Help??

nicholasandnick

Standard Member
Hi all

Just need some help on some connections to a dvd player.

I have just bought a broadcasting monitor and i need to hook it up to a DVD player, i have enclosed pictures of the back of the monitor and the DVD player. Can anyone please give me some advice on what leads and cables i need please.

Thank you very much

Nick

IMG00096-20110516-2213.jpg

IMG00097-20110516-2213.jpg

IMG00098-20110516-2214.jpg

You need RCA/Phono to BNC cables (or adapters). Then connect the DVD player's Component video outputs (the red, green and blue connectors) to the "RGB/COMPONENT" inputs on the monitor. Green goes to "G/Y", red to "R/R-Y" and blue to "B/B-Y".

EDIT: just saw your image. Does your DVD player not have component outputs? If not, swap it for one that does!

If you need to use the player you pictured, then you'll need a single RCA/Phono to BNC cable and connect the yellow composite video output to either of the two "VIDEO IN" inputs on the monitor. It won't give you the same quality as Component, though.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom