Broadband Usage Cap & Live

RedAl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone out there know if online gaming with the Xbox 360 is likely to threaten a 2Gb usage cap per month with my current ISP? I`ve got no idea if this traffic is included as part of the download limit (tho I`m sure it must be). The only trouble is I haven`t aclue how much of the usage will be eaten up by online gaming.

Does anyone have any ideas/info on this?

Much appreciated
Alan

:eek: Id use that up in a day!

How close are you already to your allowance on average? Id guess you will need to up your limit.

EDIT: (of course depends on how long you will play online... my 360 probably gets 4 hours a day)

No doubt someone else will be able to give you better figures but the amount used by online gaming is relatively small. I doubt you'd be able to threaten 2GB even if you tried.

I've got a 1 or 2 gig allowance, can't remember which and I've never had any problems, the bigger worry is the size of demo downloads and additional content or patches

EDIT: (of course depends on how long you will play online... my 360 probably gets 4 hours a day)

hmm, maybe you will threaten 2GB in a month :D

No doubt someone else will be able to give you better figures but the amount used by online gaming is relatively small. I doubt you'd be able to threaten 2GB even if you tried.

I've got a 1 or 2 gig allowance, can't remember which and I've never had any problems, the bigger worry is the size of demo downloads and additional content or patches

I dont even come close to using my 2Gb allowance in a normal month so I`m hoping I should be fine.

Cheers for answering this chaps, its greatly appreciated.

:thumbsup:

I was worried that i would go over my 40GB limit each month with BT but now after 16 days i'm at something like 15GB. That's mostly all demos and content from Marketplace. Nothing else to download.

My HDD is fillig up quickly though. Bigger HHD's please MS :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom