• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

broadband,speed and traffic

jayr6666

Established Member
hello all,
help needed.I have a 2meg broadband connection and i often use a p2p file sharing program.When i'm downloading and other people are uploading from my system my speeds are way down.Even when i'm downloading from 10 hosts my speed is only around 8-10 kB/s,although 5 people areuploading at the same time and i know this affects your bandwith.Is this slow speed down to internet traffic or my settings?cheers.jay.

sbowler

Prominent Member
Stick in another 512mb of RAM, worked wonders for me. Think it depends on other web traffic also.

Established Member
I don't see what extra RAM has to do with p2p downloading (unless you have a rediculously low amount) but I would imagine that its either a firewall problem (ports blocked) or that you are trying to download files that do not have many seeds & are being heavily downloaded.

Also worth running a speedtest on your broadband.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom